What makes you unique? (Brag about yourself)
May 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #47 of 122
[size=large]I am a God of Victory(tm).
[/size]

LOL.

And ...

I can surf better than you (maybe not Dallan, but we've yet to have a session, so it's anybodies guess):

costa.jpg

beerchug.gif

May 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #48 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying not to look directly at my belly, or to be too obvious about her dancing eyes as she's checking my grossly unfit body out from head to toe while attempting to assess my age and general level of social retardation after hearing enough about my background in accounting, law, and private banking, not to mention the whole Santa thing that didn't happen to work this time but at least

@ Wmcmanus:

My god man was that a hoot of a read.

Hilarious.

L3000.gif

May 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #51 of 122
Boy Scouts. I was 12. Ate too much chocolate and made an inhuman amount of dookie in my tactical scout pants. Had to be hosed off, etc. etc. etc. So now I'm the laughing stock of troop 42, right. Two nights later, in the black of night, I hear a scream form the forest surrounding camp. I run into said forest, straight for the danger zone. The commotion was all a set up.

Last day of camping Scout leaders handed out awards. I got bravest camper. In hind sight, I should have got dumbest camper who runs unarmed into a potentially threatening situation who crapped himself. Still, I am quite proud of that award. The awards were made out of thinly sliced, 4 inch diameter tree trunks. Any decent Boy Scout leader would have engraved them, but a sharpie, I guess, had to make do. A hole was drilled in the top and threaded with a shoe lace so we could wear them like Olympic medals. I'm wearing it now.

May 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #52 of 122
I think I win the award for the most hair on a head-fiers head. I'm almost sure I have the males beat, and maybe the females as well.

Let's see what else...

I also think I get the award for most hours spent listening to music on an average day. I'd say I average 18 hours on work-days, give or take 2 hours.

Of course that includes sleeping.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #53 of 122
Played drums with Joe Negri aka "Handy-man Negri" on Mr. Rogers show when I was going to Duquesne Univ. and playing in the jazz ensemble ... that was quite something ... pretty surreal ...

Have had 2 near-death-experiences which shook me up pretty intensely ...(long story ) ...

Single parent ... quite a task most days ... son is autistic ... an extra set of challenges ...

Scorpio/Saggitarius cusp ...
devil_face.gif
evil_smiley.gif
normal_smile .gif
beerchug.gif

May 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #54 of 122
I sit in a lab most of the day, recording French speakers or English speakers learning French, then I do one or more of three things:

1) Analyze the waveform of their speech to discover/determine acoustic correlates of specific speech phenomena.

2) Measure the airflow from their mouth and nose to understand the relation between speech and the aerodynamic factors/constrains underlying them.

3) Track the movements of their tongue in three dimensions in order to quantify gestural timing with relation to speech incidents.

What makes me unique is that the only thing I will be able to do with all of this training (6 years of grad school, and most likely an additional year of post-doc work on gestural/acoustic relations and speech disorder diagnosis) is teach somebody else how to do it so that they can go to school and do the same damn thing and be extremely underpaid for it
tongue.gif

May 20, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #57 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh that, and I go outside every day. Can you say the same?

Yes.

May 20, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #58 of 122
I have a bachelor's in theatre, a doctorate in medicine, and a 34" vertical leap.

May 20, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #60 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by goober-george /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was born premature

As was I.

A not-so-interesting story: After my older sister, my mother had two failed pregnancies. At my conception, the doctor told my father that he had to choose between either my mom or me, cause one of us probably wasn't gonna make it. He chose her, and I was believed to have died at birth. I find this funny cause:

A) I have the word "de(a)th" in my first name
B) I supposedly have devil-like facial features, particularly my eyes and mouth

I actually consider it a giant "***** you" from whatever higher power there may or may not be. They went through all this trouble to give me life, only to deprive me of the things that make it worth living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back