What makes you unique? (Brag about yourself)
May 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #91 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a twin.

Not really unique... (s)he's got one, too.

May 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #93 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I met Andy Griffith.

Oh yea? Well...I met Wayne Gretzky. He got pee'd off when I asked his girl friend to dance though.

May 24, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #94 of 122
OK,
I have been one mile under the ocean surface. I was "live load" when the Navy was testing (Sea Trials) the DSRV (Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle) on board the USS Pigeon in 1975.

May 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #96 of 122
No I was asleep for most of it. Nothing to see at that depth and it was done from 10 pm to 6 am. I was relieved to see the ship lights coming up though. No lighting because they were running on battery so no books, no music. If it did crack, I'd never known it. Besides, it was taken for several dry runs before certifying.

If you saw the movie "Gray Lady Down", the ship and the rescue vehicle was ours. The crew got a new pair of work uniforms for the shot at the end when we were on deck as the crew came up from the sub.

May 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #98 of 122
I put the wrong tube in the wrong socket of my <SNIFF!> <SNIFF!> new RSA Raptor amp and melted it's power supply.

Makes me pretty damn unique ... and quite ghey as well. But I'll own it.

redface.gif

(Damnit, Raffy! ... all those tubes you sent me got me all worked up and I had them all layed out on my desk and I was listening and swapping and listening and swapping and then? The acrid smell of burning electronics. The upside is that the amp still sounds fine ... but I'm gonna send it back to Ray for repairs anyway.)

raptor_burn.jpg

LOL.

(least I can still laugh)

smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #99 of 122
I eloped with my girlfriend (wife now) when we were 19 and 21. We didn't tell anyone we were married for two and a half years and are still happily married to this day (almost 8 years)

May 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #100 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I eloped with my girlfriend (wife now) when we were 19 and 21. We didn't tell anyone we were married for two and a half years and are still happily married to this day (almost 8 years)

That kicks ass my friend. Namaste!

May 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #102 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put the wrong tube in the wrong socket of my <SNIFF!> <SNIFF!> new RSA Raptor amp and melted it's power supply.

Makes me pretty damn unique ... and quite ghey as well. But I'll own it.

redface.gif

(Damnit, Raffy! ... all those tubes you sent me got me all worked up and I had them all layed out on my desk and I was listening and swapping and listening and swapping and then? The acrid smell of burning electronics. The upside is that the amp still sounds fine ... but I'm gonna send it back to Ray for repairs anyway.)

raptor_burn.jpg

LOL.

(least I can still laugh)

smily_headphones1.gif

OOOH Sh**, you and tubes!

May 25, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #103 of 122
I once ate 12 chilidogs and ran 1 mile on a bet.

May 25, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #104 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know for a fact I am not the most educated person here, nor the smartest, but I ain't no garbage collector:

HS Valedictorian; BS Chemical Engineering, UC Berkeley; confirmed IQ 143 (proper test with real psychologist)...........

I collect garbage for a living and my position on the bell curve is slightly to the right of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back