What made your day awesome?
Oct 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #511 of 673
Quote:
Realizing how much different the 2 'Pretty Hate Machine' masters are. I recently got the original 1989 master from a friend and it's really obvious how 'loud' the 2010 remaster is. 

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=6875 1989
http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=6877 2010

the NIN flac discography  I got was put up in June 2009, so then I must have the original right? lol where there other remasters?

Oh and 95% on Physics 2 test

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #512 of 673
Today has been a good day. Got my headphones sold, so as soon as the buyers receive them, I'll be buying me a new video card. That'll be another good day.
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #513 of 673
Listening to "Ultimatum" on this CD made my day:    A 44 min. masterpiece of electro-acoustic
                                                                                                                                   improvisation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #514 of 673
Quote:
Listening to "Ultimatum" on this CD made my day:    A 44 min. masterpiece of electro-acoustic
                                                                                                                                   improvisation.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

ooh that sounds nice,

I had a beautiful and mature women come str8 out and tell me she wants to be with me so that's made today pretty awesome! Also Found my Spdif Output connector on my Mother Board so :D extra awesome for today! 

Oct 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #515 of 673
I realize that I am the entire universe. 
biggrin.gif

Apart from that, today I am so grateful that I made a new Youtube video, read an amazing book about the Alkaline diet, had a few drinks, and saw some beautiful women. I'm now listening to an album I bought today that I think is awesome (The Cure - Disintegration).

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #516 of 673
I realized that I am a Nihilist today, and despite the negative connotations of that word I'm utterly happy with that.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #517 of 673
Quote:
I realized that I am a Nihilist today, and despite the negative connotations of that word I'm utterly happy with that.

I love how the meaning of Nihilism is that 'nothing has a real existence.'

All meaning is self-assigned. May you walk in peace, brother!

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #519 of 673
Picked up some loaners from Alex Cavalli. 

Liquid Glass
PW Dac mkII
PW Transport
HE 6
HD800
Tons of Tubes (Including the stunning Shuguang Treasures. These tubes, oh my god.)

Really excited to put it all through it's paces.

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #520 of 673
Well, I have PS Audio's new NuWave DAC coming in next week. Pretty excited for that. Does Asynchronous 24/192 kHz USB.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #521 of 673
http://www.head-fi.org/t/634762/3-musketeer-mini-meet-impressions-11-3-12-austin-texas

This entire weekend was awesome. Good times.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #523 of 673
My brother-in-law and his wife stopped over last night to have dinner. He greeted me at the door with a bottle of Martell XO. He and I both love Cognac.
Generally I drink Hennessy VSOP so the XO is a treat....

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #524 of 673
Finally got my new video card. A GTX 650 Ti.

Been running oodles of different games to see how it performs. Opened up The Witcher 2, set it to ultra, entered the game and was sort of disappointed. I was only getting 30FPS. But silly me, ubersampling was on! Turned it off, bumped the framerate up to 60. Glorious.

The funny this is, this runs Ultra settings better than my old 6670 ran low settings!

I've never had a video card this beastly before. Every single card I've ever owned was so "meh" that I'd have to turn shadows down to low or medium, but I'm absolutely floored by the fact that I can run with shadows up on every single game I own!

So, even though the card arrived so late in the day, it still was a fantastic day!

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #525 of 673
Making my friend who was high as a bat vomit from laughing too hard.
He asked me what I was wearing.
My reply.
"Nothing but a g-string and a smile waiting for you to get here"
apparently he laughed to a point where he started puking in a taco-bell drive-thru.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back