What is your next purchase?
Dec 14, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #46 of 83
Hmm..probably an X-Can v3 or Singlepower amp. It would depend on how much I spend on presents vs. how much I receive in cash.
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #48 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
I am so close to just saying fudge it and buying some 010's. If only I didn't make that promise to myself to never use plastic to buy headphones.
mad.gif

I am with you there. If I don't find a nice pair of L3000's at a good price soon I am going to say forget it and get myself a pair of 010's.

-Alex-

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:50 AM Post #50 of 83
Near Future: HD650 + RSA Hornet + Cardas 6in Mini-to-Mini
Further Future: Headroom Micro DAC + Cardas/Zu Mobius/Silver Dragon Cable Upgrade

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #51 of 83
**Edit 1/16/06

Within the next year:
- sd card mp3 players (going to try out a few models)
- 2gb sd cards
- sonica usb w/opamp mod
- ksc-35 recable
- mod/experiment with hd-201
- jvc hp-al700

Distant future:
- sexy thin laptop w/decent keyboard
- $200 iem
- either Xin integrated Amp/DAC combo (hopefuly with usb) or better yet, Xin DAP with SD card slot.

Not gonna bother with full sized or more esoteric phones, i rather be surfing the web or watching tv when at home anyway.

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #52 of 83
- AKG K701 (backordered). Why? Out of curiosity, it's the new AKG flagship.
- ATH-W5000 (if I can source it). Why? Need an upgrade from my current pair of circumaural closed cans.
- Rudistor RPx33 dual mono headphone amp. Why? Upgrade bug and itching: can I get better without going fully balanced class A heat monster that will melt my mains cables?
- Good IEMs. Sensas perhaps. Why? Need an IEM update with custom moulds from my current universal IEMs.

Dec 14, 2005 at 12:01 PM Post #53 of 83
A Tuna mayo & sweetcorn baguette - I'm starving!

I've sold my E3Cs & have sale pending on my HD650s and I'm happy with my Etys, so I'll settle back with my MS2is and my soldering iron, some neutriks and a length or two of starquad and make a few interconnects up. [Edit: inters - not a hp recable]
Next year I will think about a media server in the lounge and a new portable amp to replace my Supermacro V1...domestic considerations dictate that my headphone amp has to be a portable (no tubes/mains power unfortunately) so I might go for the latest iteration of the SM - whatever that may be when the time comes.

Dec 14, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #55 of 83
Hmmm, my next purchase... Well, I like the equipment I have alot, so what'll probably happen in the future(not so distant but not exactly a priority at the moment), I'll get grille and cable upgrades for my HD580's and the best opamps I can get for my Mu. Besides that, the one thing on the top of my list is a Digital Rebel XT, possibly with a 28-200mm AF lens(gotta be something versatile) and a 2GB CF card. I can't keep buying headphone related goods until I can afford to go all out, for a tube amp, tubes for the rolling, and electrostat headphones for the listening
lambda.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 14, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #56 of 83
My HD600's are really starting to grow on me. I put the Equinox cable on them, and They are more open and lively then with the stock cable. I have my eye on another HD650, but this time I think I will get it with the Zu Cable Mobius, as I fond it to dark for my tastes.

Dec 14, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #59 of 83
For me, still looking for a headphone stand. Sigh... Even looked around in supermarkets for banana stands. The search still goes on...

Dec 14, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #60 of 83
My next purchase is the HD600's....should be arriving tommorrow.

Hopefully next week, my K701's will show up too along with the Micro DAC I ordered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back