What is YOUR Myers-Briggs personality?
Mar 10, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another INTJ here. I've taken several online tests, but never professionally administered.

I have a feeling a lot of similar results will show up here.

I've taken the test a few times from different sites and they're all the same with a few rewordings. I doubt it would be worth it to spend money on it.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #17 of 259
ISTP -- always a little different then everyone else

Just looked at the careers for my type and all I could do is laugh, it says I would be good with computers and electronics be a coach and a firefighter.

The reason I was laughing was I'M A FIREFIGHTER, who COACHES my son's LL team and have been repairing COMPUTERS for 20 years.

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #19 of 259
INTP, get the hell away from me...
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #20 of 259
Anyone seen this site before? Quite funny - The Real Myers Briggs

Here is mine:

ENTP: The Mad Scientist

The ENTP, like the ENTJ, is charismatic, outgoing, and intelligent. ENTPs are often quickwitted, clever, and genial; they typically display a highly organized, rational cognitive ability which makes them natural scientists and inventors.

ENTPs are creative, complex people who seek to improve their understanding of the natural world, usually by building armored fifty-story-tall robotic monsters with iron jaws and death-ray eyes, or by creating genetically mutated plagues that spread unstoppably across the land, turning all who are contaminated into mindless zombie drones. They are less likely to want to conquer the world than to destroy it utterly, reducing it to nothing but slag and rubble--though this is often merely a side-effect of their pursuit of knowledge.

RECREATION: ENTPs enjoy recreational activities which challenge them physically and intellectually, such as water skiing and porting Linux to their iPods. They are also fond of collecting gadgets like combination cellpone/PDAs and orbiting arsenals of brain lasers, which they may port Linux to as well.

COMPATIBILITY: ENTPs and ENTJs make natural companions, as the one's unspeakable hunger for power complements the other's unspeakable hunger for knowledge. They do not generally build successful relationships with ESFJs, as ENTPs they are prone to behaving in inconveniently erratic ways, which pisses ESFJs off to no end; and because ENTPs simply do not know how to dress appropriately for formal occasions.

Famous ENTPs include Spencer Silver (the inventor of Post-It Notes), Robert Oppenheimer, and Dr. Jeckyll.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #24 of 259
This is quite interesting as I had thought there would be a lot of ENTPs in this community.

We had to do a two day training course of Myers Briggs "flexing" with work and part of that was about how different personality types can be sold, and what each wants from a consumer experience. I found the description of the consumer profile for my type ENTP very accurate.

ENTPs are concerned with value and not price. They will spend amounts of money that others would never consider on an item if they beleive it is the best. They aren't eaily "sold" on an emotional level or by a clever argument, but are very swayed by what they consider to be expert opinions. ENTPs will often research a purchase for weeks and seek out opinions from those they consider to be expert in that area. When they go into the shop to make the purchase they have already made their mind up. ENTPs cannot be sold by a sales man, but they can be "unsold" very quickly if they don't think the service they are given is up to their standards and will buy elsewhere. ENTPs will also buy another version of something they already own even if it is still in perfect working condition, if they beleive the different version is superior. It's all about having the absolute best within their financial resources.

Seems like a personality type just made for the audio market!

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #26 of 259
ESTJ.

Funny, but depending wher you look you can find pretty much anything you want associated with any designation.. e.g. ENTP on one page came up with first favored career as dictator. So i guess Steve Jobs really is an ENTP, from whats said about his managament style.

I'd have thought there'd be more xSxx type then xNxx types here... as its more about the senses than intuition. Hearing's a sense, right?

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #27 of 259
ENTJ: The Evil Overlord
evil_smiley.gif

You are:
moderately expressed extravert
very expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #28 of 259
I do strength finder 2.0
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #29 of 259
I've taken one of these before (back when I still used Facebook, I think) - I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was fairly spot on. I took this one and got a somewhat different result than I remember:

ISTJ:

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

That seems about right, but when you go into the personality traits description about 45% of what they say seems to be accurate, 20% is a bit iffy and 35% is flat out wrong (I pulled these numbers out of my bum). Some of these questions were a bit weird and I wasn't entirely sure how to answer them, but I can see how they strongly affected the outcome despite me not really feeling strongly about either answer. Their career suggestions are completely wrong for me!

"His[sic] SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs."

Um... no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back