What is your income?
May 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 45
I average about 65 hours a week in 5 days, I get paid in monthly wages that only count for 40 hours a week... Somehow I feel cheated; it's sad that to work at a really nice restaurant that's what's expected. Well, I could go pretty much anywhere more "normal" and be a sous/head chef and easily get about 3-4k € a month.

May 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #18 of 45
I used to be a pastry cook at several NYC top restaurants.  I dreamed of the high-income jobs (not to mention the fewer hours standing up - cooking hurt my feet!) that come with University, so I studied accounting.  As it turns out, the higher incomes are pretty much only due to higher hours/day.  Heck, an I-bank analyst barely breaks $20/hour these days

Pastry chef, eh? Have you heard of Donald Wressell? He's my cousin. Great guy. :) Another I know and love is Sherry Yard. Complete sweetheart and ridiculously talented. So with knowing pastry, accounting, and being a Head-Fi'er, you're officially one of the truly awesome people I know. :)

My income? Enough. :)

Though how leveraged you are is what really matters. $50k with no debt is better than $150k with a lot of debt.

My audio gear is paid for, so are two cars and a motorcycle, and I'm close to picking up a house for cash. Nothing fancy, but it'd still be a house without a payment.

Also, unearned income is huge. Even a modest income is nice if you don't have to work for it.

May 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #23 of 45
Asking how much someone makes is  very personal question.  I would say that most people, especially if you don't know a damn thing about them will lie or greatly inflate the numbers.  Rest assure, if you play your cards right and make the right decisions, you'll make more at every significant point in your life: 1) High School, 2) College, 3) Post College, 4)Career (loosely used term) - not necessary in this order.

May 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #24 of 45
I was just looking to see what ones earning were with all their headphone gear. I do watch the Suzie Orman show, and i do agree with Erik that you are in the best condition when you pay everything in cash, and everything is paid off. Im sorry if this hits home for a few of you, i just wanted to measure how well i am doing in life
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #25 of 45
cifani...I make....one MILLION dollars...how much do you make as a mod on head-fi?

dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back