What is your favorite Final Fantasy?
Jun 5, 2006 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

HD-5000

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm replaying my old Final Fantasy games for PS. I don't want to influence the poll results with my opinion, but I enjoy one in particular so much, that I think it may be the best game I have ever played.

What is your favorite, and what is the most memorable moment of the game? Oh yeah, and please give spoiler warnings.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 51
7 and 8, I don't remember much details about the games, but I loved Squall's limit break in FFVIII

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 51
Final Fantasy VII

Spoiler Warning
The moment when Aeris was killed by Sephiroth (and the following scene of cloud releasing her body into the water) was one of the most emotionally powerful scenes I've ever experienced in any form of entertainment.
Spoiler Warning

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 51
FF7 for me as well. I have to admit that I haven't played any of the other FF games. I bought FF8 not too long ago so I intend to play that soon.

PsychoZX, that was a very moving scene.

Besides the storyline, I love the FF7 music. I've bought the FF7 soundtrack and piano collection.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Besides the storyline, I love the FF7 music. I've bought the FF7 soundtrack and piano collection.

Ditto. I think FF7 has the best soundtrack of any video game period.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #7 of 51
I remember I liked 6 the best. 7 had a much more complex storyline, but the characters didn't really endear themselves to me as much. I haven't played a FF in several years, so I'm just basing this off my hazy memory.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 51
I didn't know that there could be over 12 "Final" Fantasies...
biggrin.gif

Anyway I liked tactics advanced, because it is the only version I played...Many of my friends have played 7, but they follow the guidebook religiously. Which I feel takes the fun of playing the game away. Whats the point of just following instructions?

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #9 of 51
VII of course! It was my first jump into the series and I love that game. I still play it today. VIII comes next, and I'm actually playing through that again right now. After that comes tactics. If you've never beaten that game you're missing out.

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 51
X had the best presentation. I would have voted VII if I hadn't seen it a few years ago and realized how dated it was (it is so dated.) I just never really liked VI as much as V or the simple charm of II/IV.

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Final Fantasy VII

Spoiler Warning
The moment when Aeris was killed by Sephiroth (and the following scene of cloud releasing her body into the water) was one of the most emotionally powerful scenes I've ever experienced in any form of entertainment.
Spoiler Warning

I always loved the music in and around the ancient city. Really haunting.

God, did I love that game. I must have put about 400 hours into it over several different plays.

And just when I had my "perfect" leveled out save at the Northern Cave...

[size=x-large]MY ******' MEMORY CARD GOT FRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

My playstation got nocked over and the reset button was hit. If I ever had this certain memory card in slot 1 when I powered on or reset the console, the page would get wiped.

I remember I bought the card for thirty-some dollars (25 pages) and it took at least 30 seconds to switch pages. You had to hit 6 buttons on the lead controller simulaneously to switch pages. A little while after that you could get a 25 page card with buttons that switched instantly for twenty bucks.

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 51
fav is ff7, but to keep i have to pick ff6. i was longer overall story and more character yet it manage to make them all interesting and memoriable. each character has different skill which make them more unique than ff7, which everyone is just a powerhouse to hold materia.

advant children ruin ff7 for me, so i'll pretend that done exist, especially with the original director of ff gone from square now, i feel the newer ff lack originality and dont hold any interest for me anymore.

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #13 of 51
I'm thinking I need to play FFVI again. I don't remember it being so good.

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #14 of 51
I've played all of them, and I prefer FFVI by a large margin. It has a brilliant story, and one of the most compelling bad guys ever to be in a video game. FFVII only had one good thing: the new graphics. It was a very entertaining game though. FFVIII had the most ridiculous protagonist, with quotes like: "..." or "....". To sum it up: the later stuff was solid (after VI), nothing exceptional though.

FFXI is a very engaging and complex MMORPG, I played it for quite some time, and it takes days to level, even if you play a lot. It depends on its party system like nothing else.

If you want to play some really amazing RPGs, I'd suggest you play: Xenogears (my favourite RPG by a long shot), Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Trigger, and Seiken Densetsu II. There are a lot of other really good Playstation and SNES RPGs out there though, you just have to come accross them.

PS: The first pictures and videos of FFXIII also seem interesting.

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #15 of 51
VII of course, but I think it has to do with the age when I was playing the game. FXI was brilliant, too, with excellent story-telling and out-of-the-world render sequences.

I can't wait for FFXII to be released for the American market!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back