What is your favorite Final Fantasy?
Jun 6, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
For me, I've only played FFX (which I absolutely loved... I felt like Tidus and Yuna were my best friends) and FFX-2 (which I found amusing enough.)

Best,

-Jason

The English dub on both of them was horrible, almost as bad as in Xenosaga. Original Japanese voices ftw! They really should've kept the option of leaving the original with English subtitles.

Jun 6, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #47 of 51
VI without a doubt. Goes to show how many youngsters we have here since VII is winning. Damn shame too.

IV is a close second and then the original followed by V. Tactics is a fantastic game, I loved playing that game.

I agree with what morphine said about the opening sequence to VII, it is incredible.

Jun 6, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #48 of 51
Close between VI and VII, but I voted VI. 'That scene' in VII was actually one of my least favorite parts.

Oh, man, I didn't see tactics up there. Tactics is the greatest game squaresoft ever made. I don't really consider it a Final Fantasy, though.

Jun 6, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #49 of 51
FFVIII is the first FF I really got into... I didn't have a PS1 so I never played FFVII but I've seen it in action and the storyline seemed well rounded. I do hope that Square-Enix would redo VII and put it out so I can give it a go... Maybe I should reinstall VIII on my PC and play it again.. It'll bring me back to 1999... ahaha Anyways, why did they stop releasing FF titles for PC? To stop stealing sales from PS2?

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622
FFVIII is the first FF I really got into... I didn't have a PS1 so I never played FFVII but I've seen it in action and the storyline seemed well rounded. I do hope that Square-Enix would redo VII and put it out so I can give it a go... Maybe I should reinstall VIII on my PC and play it again.. It'll bring me back to 1999... ahaha Anyways, why did they stop releasing FF titles for PC? To stop stealing sales from PS2?

The FF ports on the PC were absolutely horrible imo. Lots of bugs, terrible graphics, and a lot of compatibility issues. You might want to consider buying a PSone if you really want to replay FFVII or VIII. Or if you want to try some new ones.
icon10.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #51 of 51
well I played FFX on PS2 and i thought that was good but I didn't think the storyline was complete as VIII or VII.. Maybe you're right, I should just find a copy of FFVII and play it on my PS2 for fun.. heehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alu
The FF ports on the PC were absolutely horrible imo. Lots of bugs, terrible graphics, and a lot of compatibility issues. You might want to consider buying a PSone if you really want to replay FFVII or VIII. Or if you want to try some new ones.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back