What is your favorite beer to drink?
May 8, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #46 of 57
None, I've never found a beer I like, largely because I distinctly dislike the taste of hops. It's a bummer actually because it limits my drink selection.
rolleyes.gif

May 9, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #47 of 57
m-plbeerb.jpg

May 9, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd S
Well in the USA Guiness only kicked in a serious marketing campaign maybe 2 years ago. I'd bet most of us here have been drinking it much longer. I started drinking Guiness at least 10 years ago. I tried Murpheys once & it is ok. Smoother is not always prefered. It is also harder to find than Guiness... around these parts at least. Interesting list you have there though.

I've loved Guiness since my times in college so I guess it's been about 11 or 12 years since I first tried it but I'm not much of a beer snob and I'll pretty much drink anything although I don't even drink that often these days.

May 9, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #50 of 57
I guess I fall into the beer snob catagory, although I will admit I'm not above a Miller when visiting the bars. Preferably I'd have one of the following: Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier, Old Peculier, Kulbacher Eisbock, Ayinger Celebrator, or Orval if it's a special occasion (monks make great beer). Luckily for me Iowa City has an abundance of specialty grocery stores and bars that carry a huge selection of beer.

May 9, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247
m-plbeerb.jpg

Good one, but pretty hard to come by this side of the Atlantic.
tongue.gif
My fav is Pilsner Urquell fresh off the tap in Prague. It's probably all in my head, but it tastes so much better fresh and close to the source.
icon10.gif

May 9, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #52 of 57
Warsteiner Dunkel (my favorite, becasue life is too short to drink cheap beer)
Guiness Stout
Sam Adams Stout
Negra Modelo
Heineken Dark (Red)

Other than these, for light ones, just:

Amstel light

May 9, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
Good one, but pretty hard to come by this side of the Atlantic.
tongue.gif
My fav is Pilsner Urquell fresh off the tap in Prague. It's probably all in my head, but it tastes so much better fresh and close to the source.
icon10.gif

Maybe it's in my head as well but Pilsner Urquell tastes pretty nasty bottled here in America...excellent straight out of the tap in Prague the one time I was there.

May 9, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Deschutes Brewing (Bend, Oregon) Black Butte Porter. It is appropriate for any and all occasions.

Oregon has some nice micro-breweries. I was fond of some of Saxer's stuff when I was there in the late 90's. They were located in Lake Oswego, which is a nice suburb of Portland. Their lagers were nice, and they made some bock beer, too.

I have had the Black Butte Porter, and it is wonderful.

May 9, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #56 of 57
I think I'm going to go with a Wisconsin pride response on this one seeing as my four years living in this yeasty state is almost at an end.

1) Point
2)Spotted Cow (New Glarus)
3)MGD
4) Bell's Oberon (I know its not WI, but close enough eh?)
5) PBR

BEER!
icon10.gif

May 10, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbalance
I think I'm going to go with a Wisconsin pride response on this one seeing as my four years living in this yeasty state is almost at an end.

1) Point
2)Spotted Cow (New Glarus)
3)MGD
4) Bell's Oberon (I know its not WI, but close enough eh?)
5) PBR

BEER!
icon10.gif

How can you leave out Milwaukee's Best? - The Beast!
icon10.gif
Or really, Leiny's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back