What is this thing stuck to the side of the house?
Jan 19, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #31 of 52
Well..... still gonna burn it?
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well..... still gonna burn it?
biggrin.gif

You guys are a bad influence on me.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if someone's said this, but these are actually Praying Matnis oothecas. The holes are where the babies have escaped from it. You can find them quite often in NZ in the summer.

Really? That small? We have plenty of them in the Northeastern US but they are typically about the size of a walnut and are built around tall grass stalks and thin branches.

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if someone's said this, but these are actually Praying Matnis oothecas. The holes are where the babies have escaped from it. You can find them quite often in NZ in the summer.

Interesting.

Hit P-Z then Scroll down to peruviana (I know). Looks similar to yours and has nearly the same measurements.

Mantis Online - All about praying mantids

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:40 AM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wasp/hornet nest.

I suggest fire. And lots of it.

I don't know what it is, but I agree with Rock&Roll Ninja. Kill it with fire.

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #36 of 52
Get rid of the webs, wash it, polish it, remove it from the wall, then take another photo. Come on, it's not scary...

Jan 19, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or even better, jab at it with your tongue!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jab it with lower protruding body parts!

What you guys are wierdos!

made me giggle somewhat
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #39 of 52
I think it's an MP3 player of some sort.

On a second thought, I think it's a tube. Try cleaning it (not with water) and then plugging it into your tube amp and see how it goes.

But looking at it again, I think it's a Godiva chocolate. Just rinse it with water and eat it. Make sure it's cold water and hot water because it's chocolate. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a chocolate. Lucky you.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:59 AM Post #40 of 52
a lot of solid advice overall. My favorite guess being XxATOLxX's. I wanna know where da gold at!

Kind of curious though, what did you mean by "stuck"? Are you unable to remove it, does it seem like it was painted over, and just got stuck there?

Jan 20, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a lot of solid advice overall. My favorite guess being XxATOLxX's. I wanna know where da gold at!

Kind of curious though, what did you mean by "stuck"? Are you unable to remove it, does it seem like it was painted over, and just got stuck there?

The bottom of the ootheca has an adhesive, which sticks it to wherever it's 'layed', so to speak.

Judging by the holes inside it (where the babies have come from), I'd say that this ootheca is empty; fraseyboy is free to burn it, disect it, or disect it and then burn it, if those are his whims =P

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #42 of 52
Grind it up and snort it! Who knows what would happen...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back