What is the UK/EU price of HD800?
Jan 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #92 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by piotr z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one or two selected distributors per country will help alot ) - actually I think that it's worth to put preorder in your country coz once they get reved reviews in let say stereophile then ....

Let's stop this speculation untill we get official statement. Where do you get this exclusive distribution policy from. Please, this doesn't make any sense at this stage.
angry_face.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #94 of 108
A Sennheiser representative in Australia told me that demostration units would be available at selected dealers in February, follow by sale units in March. He didn't know which selected dealers at that stage.

Jan 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #95 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's stop this speculation untill we get official statement. Where do you get this exclusive distribution policy from. Please, this doesn't make any sense at this stage.
angry_face.gif

If Amazon are taking pre orders in the US the the 'selected' distributors is tosh.

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon has great customer service but does not offer in store demos etc!

Any dealer will have them if they want them. Might just be a minimum order quantity though.

Sceptre

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #96 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Amazon are taking pre orders in the US the the 'selected' distributors is tosh.

If I'm not mistaken, Amazon has great customer service but does not offer in store demos etc!

Any dealer will have them if they want them. Might just be a minimum order quantity though.

Sceptre

You have a point indeed ! Demo units might not be available everywhere (so is the case for lower range Senn products), but it is reasonnable at this stage to assume the HD800 will be available for order from any official Sennheiser dealer.

Yes, some are probably better than other to get them in stock quicker, but that is all... And I certainly expect Sennheiser to keep the pace for incoming orders.

Jan 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #97 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am wondering what is the best strategy... dividing or uniting
wink.gif

How many of us are willing to confirm a preorder in each of our respective country (UK/EU)... 2, maybe 3 or 4... Well, that might be just insufficient to incentive Sennheiser local distributors to place their orders quickly. I guess their is a minimum quantity for that purpose.

That could lead us to extended wait time, untill each distributor reaches that minimum quantity (if it is 30, than maybe up to 6 months or even more I guess). They won't stock those expensive items without good reasons.

An alternative would be unite and go through one distributor only in UK/EU (no import fees). This way, the minimum quantity would be reached much faster and the preorder confirmed quickly. That would be only valid for the first run of course, but for those of us who are impatient to hear them, it might be worth the try.

How many of UK/EU head-fier would be interested in this. I am if allowed.

Which distributor would you objectively point out (should be supporting head-fi, excellent after-sale service, fast shipment, 30 days return policy, etc....).

Who's in
wink.gif

Send me a PM and I'll let you know the UK dealers who will be getting the first units into the UK.

But I'm getting the first one in the UK.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #98 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And perhaps street price?

£999.99 incl. VAT - and that is likely to be the street price as well for a while.

Please send me a PM if you want the details of the UK dealers who will get them first.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #100 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhm, why don't you post them in here? Guess it would be helpful for more people.

I will, as soon as I get the definitive answer.

However, my plan is to let anyone who sends me a PM have the direct contact details of the best person to contact at that company to co-ordinate these first orders.

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #101 of 108
Darn, I want someone like you in this forum from Sennheiser Germany
wink.gif

Seriously, I wonder why Sennheiser is (officially) so quiet about the HD 800, barring the CES announcement and the ad-announcement on their website(s).

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #102 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by xz123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn, I want someone like you in this forum from Sennheiser Germany
wink.gif

Seriously, I wonder why Sennheiser is (officially) so quiet about the HD 800, barring the CES announcement and the ad-announcement on their website(s).

I don't think there is anyone like me in Sennheiser Germany
biggrin.gif

I actually buy and *use* the equipment as well - I do location recording of classical music. So when I talk about things; in most cases I have actually used them in anger.

If you want info on German dealers, try sending an e-mail to info(at)sennheiser.com and it will be forwarded to the best person to answer your question.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #103 of 108
Jan 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #104 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want info on German dealers, try sending an e-mail to info(at)sennheiser.com and it will be forwarded to the best person to answer your question.

No reply since several days. Pity.

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #105 of 108
good call on stone audio, it says "This item is usually dispatched within 28 Days" ATM, and their prices are very expensive as a rule of thumb, but i doubt that will apply to the HD800s as they look to be that price anywhere.

at least thats a guranteed uk pre-order outlet, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back