What is the sound quality of iPhone, iPad, iPod (Touch)?
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #826 of 865
To put that more specifically… in your phone, go to settings > music > sound check should be on.
It probably is on already, because sound check will generally make recordings sound quieter. He needs to check if it’s “on” on the iPad. His solution maybe to turn it “off” on the iPhone. There are other potential software settings that could be causing the issue besides “Sound Check”.

G

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #827 of 865
I wouldn’t turn sound check off. That will make some music loud and other music not. The idea is to get the overall volume higher.

You might not be reading who you are speaking with here. Open ended suggestions aren’t going to help him. You need to be specific.

I do think he wants his music loud though. An inexpensive amp would do that. He’s had amps in the past and I think he’s used to having that headroom for his normal listening level.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #828 of 865
Mmm. all off. But I have to download the music app before i find these settings

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 0
Jul 15, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #830 of 865
Nope. That’s a DAC. You don’t need a DAC, you need an amp.

Jul 15, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #831 of 865
I wouldn’t turn sound check off. That will make some music loud and other music not. The idea is to get the overall volume higher.
And turning sound check off would get the overall volume louder for most tracks.
Open ended suggestions aren’t going to help him.
You mean like buying more hardware when there could be a simple software fix?
I do think he wants his music loud though. An inexpensive amp would do that.
So would/could turning off sound check, EQ, a simple volume adjustment or some other software setting and that would be a lot cheaper than even an inexpensive amp and more ergonomic too!
Mmm. all off. But I have to download the music app before i find these settings
What’s that EQ setting?

G

Jul 15, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #832 of 865
Stevco,

When you say your iPhone is about 50-60% less volume than your iPad, are you comparing the iPhone + dongle with your iPad + dongle or with the iPad’s analogue (3.5mm Jack) output?

If it’s the former, then the issue is most likely (though not definitely) software based. If it’s the latter, then try the dongle on your iPad and see if you get the same loss of volume as with the iPhone. If you do, then most likely (though not definitely) the power output of the dongle is the issue. If this is the case, then a HP amp as bigshot suggested would solve the problem but it could also be solved by ordering a new Apple Dongle from the USA. Assuming you are in Europe, Apple nerfed the output power of it’s dongle to comply with EU regulations. The US version is not nerfed and can output around 50% more power than the European version, if memory serves.

G

Jul 15, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #833 of 865
Comparing iphone 12 mini with dongle with 3.5mm analog on ipad 2017.
Ipad with dongle sounds louder than on iphone.
Based in europe.
Maybe I should get the US ver

Jul 15, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #834 of 865
Turning down the volume.now it sounds pretty good. The T1 needs less volume than my Grados.
Gonna put my ios things in the drawer.
And enjoy the music with my tr-amp and T1

Jul 16, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #836 of 865
I use my iPhone.

Jul 17, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #838 of 865
Tested more today, the ipad still sounds louder. The ipad is perfect. Clean sound and loud enough.
The dongle ara a bit lower.
So what i need is a dongle with a little bit more power. So if i order one from US, it offer more power? Any ok places that sends to europe?

Jul 17, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #839 of 865
I'm kind of sad that FiiO has stopped producing its lower-tier and mid-tier players. The screen on my M6 no longer works (it's full of dead pixels). I was looking to buy another one, but Amazon doesn't have them anymore. iPod Touch is effectively dead. What other players are out there? Is there anything similar to the iPod Touch form factor that supports Bluetooth, microSD cards and sounds good? My phone only has 32gb of storage and I don't like running down my phone battery to play music.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #840 of 865
Tested more today, the ipad still sounds louder. The ipad is perfect. Clean sound and loud enough.
The dongle ara a bit lower.
So what i need is a dongle with a little bit more power. So if i order one from US, it offer more power? Any ok places that sends to europe?
The million dollar question: if there is a european limitation, is it set in the dongle or handled by the euro phone config that recognizes the dongle and lowers the digital level?
Of course I have no idea and perhaps I’m creating a false concern for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back