What is the best last song of any album?
Sep 7, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #61 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
La Villa Strangiato begins the album.

Edit, nevermind- you're right...sorry

...the opening track is fantastic as well...basically an awesome album....from first to last song
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #64 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Wake Up" from Rage Against the Machine (self titled album)

Great song, but it's not the final track! It's track 7. ;p

Yes, we mentioned Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), which was the first song that popped into my head.

What about Are you Experienced - Red House?

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #65 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great song, but it's not the final track! It's track 7. ;p

Yes, we mentioned Voodoo Chile (Slight Return), which was the first song that popped into my head.

What about Are you Experienced - Red House?

Good call! Fantastic 12 bar blues!

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #66 of 70
I am going to have to go with, Porcupine Tree/ In Absentia "Collapse the Light into Earth" as my choice, it is an absolutely amazing song that not only finishes the album but is the song to end the day with I think. I play that song driving home at 3 or 4 in the morning getting ready to sleep for 12 hours.

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGhostBelow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to have to go with, Porcupine Tree/ In Absentia "Collapse the Light into Earth" as my choice, it is an absolutely amazing song that not only finishes the album but is the song to end the day with I think. I play that song driving home at 3 or 4 in the morning getting ready to sleep for 12 hours.

I've been wanting to listen to Porcupine Tree for a lil while as many have highly endorsed them and so I have just bought Up The Downstair (including the Staircase Infinities bonus disc). Havn't listened to it yet but very much looking forward to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 8, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #69 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Desolation Row - Bob Dylan from Highway 61

I think that's already been mentioned somewhere in the dense deluge of suggestions, but I've re-scanned thread and to my surprise, with the amount of Dylan's records covered, I can't see Bob Dylan/Bringing It All Back Home- It's All Over Now, Baby Blue. I love this song! Simple, but beautiful.

Other suggestions:

Eagles/One Of These Nights- I Wish You Peace

Eagles/On the Border- Best Of My Love

Eagles/Desparado- Doolin' Dalton/Desparado (Reprise)

Velevet Revolver/Libertad- Gravedancer

John Frusciante/The Will To Death- The Will To Death

John Frusciante/Inide Of Emptiness- Scratches

and I second the vote for Deep Purple/Machine Head- Space Truckin'

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #70 of 70
I've looked it up in itunes, and find I don't normally get to listen to most of the last tracks
confused.gif

mostly just start at the beginning of a CD and about half-way through have to do something.
anyway... my votes go here, my favorites:

Tool - Aenima -> Third Eye
Pink Floyd - Meddle -> Echoes (does this one count? it's almost the complete cd)
Ghinzu - Electronic Jacuzzi -> Bingo It's Heaven
Roger Waters - Amused to Death -> Amused to Death
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss -> Seasons in the Abyss
Coparck - third album - Absorb and Transport

and with a little rule bending, as in 'bonus' kind of tracks:
Art Blakey - Moanin' -> Moanin' (alternate take, I prefer the official take, but that one isn't last on disk
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Sepultura - Chaos A.D. -> Amen/Inner Self (live bonus track that together with the track in before it is probably even better than the entire album)

oooh and I have to add the 'In Tokio' version of Space Truckin. 20 min weirdness... I like. End if disc one is also at the end of a disc
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back