What is the best AMP to improve CLARITY on IE8s?
Jan 22, 2011 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rangerid

500+ Head-Fier

Hey guys I love everything about my IE8s and I find they are absolutely perfect for my taste except in one area, clarity. I find they have a sort of a cloud over the sound, which isn't quite noticable until I switch to my other IEMs. I have considered getting other top tier IEMs but I can't seem to part with the IE8 sound, particularly the soundstage, which is out of the world. I know most of you complain about the midbass hump on it colouring the mids too much. However, I have an extreme "tip mod" on it like so: 

btw it does NOT stick out of my head like crazy, about the same amount as a TF10 would. 

I have been playing around for  LONG time with different tips and the following mod I came up with completely eliminates the midbass hump. Also the sound is now very balanced amongs all the frequencies and the difference between the tip mod and regular tip is almost night and day. There is no other sonic qualities I would want to improve apart from clarity since the tip extender improves SQ sooooo much. 

I have never owned an amp before and therefore I am almost completely clueless when it comes to it. So what is the best portable amp for the IE8s to improve clarity (cost not taken into consideration)?  

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Bump. I don't know much about amps. So if anyone has good success with amping the IE8s please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back