What is next?
May 18, 2011 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jaytors

New Head-Fier
Hey guys/girls,

I'm not really a audio or sound expert but I recently purchased a pair of Klipschs S4 (it was between the S4 and SE215 and I liked the S4 over the SE215) and I was wondering what is next? As I mentioned earlier, it was between the S4 and SE215 and the S4 won, but I still want to purchase the SE215 because I felt that I didn't had a proper fit to really experience the sound, but with recent people posting about their reliability and durability it has bad me change my mind, so i was wondering what is next?

Also is there a noticeable difference between the S4 and SE215 that would make it worthwhile to purchase the SE215 even with all the reliability and durability issues it has?

I listen to all genres of music but I mainly play hip hop, rap, trance, house, and a bit of r & b, and I was reading up on some of the reviews for IEM and it seems like Phonak Audeo PFE 112 would be a step up over the S4, or is the differance minor and i should purchase something that might be higher quality sound wise? I was thinking of the UE TF10/Westone 2 would be a nice upgrade over the S4 but I am open to other recommendations.

I am only looking for IEM that are easily purchasable in Canada or on the forums, my budget is under $200 possibly $250. 

Thanks, take care.

May 18, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Ortofon e-Q5 is a great IEM. Read reviews on them and you will see what I say.
 currently Dimitri is offering Promo for headfi users.
Shipping from Japan is not an issue if order from MA, only request dimitri to declare goods under 100 dollars and customs will not trouble you.

May 18, 2011 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey, thanks for the recommendation it certainly looks nice and it has great reviews. The only problem though is that it seems to be big and I have small ears, so I don't think those particular IEMS would be comfortable for me. I tried my friend's Sennheiser IE8 and they were a pretty tight fit, actually felt uncomfortable for long durations. 

I'm always open to recommendations and perspectives, thanks.

May 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #4 of 4
The danger with the TF10's is of course fit. They fit me wonderfully and therefore I can spout endlessly on how amazing they are, but I certainly would have a different opinion if I had similar difficulties as so many others on here. Of the IEM's I own the Monster line seem to fit my family and friends best. In fact, of the five people I lent the Turbines to everyone commented on their comfort, which I can confirm from my own experiences. The Coppers were $99 refurbished on Mobile PC recently (and may still be) which I think is a very good value on them, though I find the TF10's more enjoyable personally. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back