What is important DAC, Amps or gear
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #46 of 51
well with a good server one can, the question is preference.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #48 of 51
To be very honest I think especially in low-fi and mid-fi people put way too much emphasis on things like amps and dacs being balanced or being able to play dsd. Unless all your existing headphones are using balanced cables and your library consists mostly of dsd files of course.
Nah dont do no dsd files nor use balanced output. Its just for future proofing i guess. Just in case the day where flac is no longer popular and people does dsd maybe? haha

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #49 of 51
Honestly DSD is a joke IMO.
I dont look at products based on if they can play DSD, if they have it as an additional feature but thats not the main focus, than cool whatever. but honestly its kinda useless, i dont know anyone who has their music library in DSD. let alone can hear the difference between FLAC 24bit audio and DSD.
I think bad guy good audio review on youtube has his albums in DSD. It is true not many can even tell the difference 100% of the time between even 320kbps mp3 vs flac. But i guess when people have the highest end of equipment they want to reduce the weakness of the set up so even if they cant hear the difference, i guess they wouldn't want to take the chance that the music is not exactly as the artist intended? So be it flac if there is dsd for the track they want they would opt for it even if they might not hear the difference. Just my thoughts about the situation.

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #50 of 51
I think bad guy good audio review on youtube has his albums in DSD. It is true not many can even tell the difference 100% of the time between even 320kbps mp3 vs flac. But i guess when people have the highest end of equipment they want to reduce the weakness of the set up so even if they cant hear the difference, i guess they wouldn't want to take the chance that the music is not exactly as the artist intended? So be it flac if there is dsd for the track they want they would opt for it even if they might not hear the difference. Just my thoughts about the situation.
i'm not sure about others, but i personally can hear a diffirence between mp3 320kbps and FLAC 16/44.1
for instance it sounds less flat and squeezed out. not sure if that makes sense, when coming out of my headphones.
also, it sounds less tinggy on the high end and has more sound stage and positioning of instruments.
I like to look at it this way..

mp3 320kbps music = plain soup broth.
Flac 16/44.1 music = soup broth with veggies + meat in it.

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #51 of 51
i'm not sure about others, but i personally can hear a diffirence between mp3 320kbps and FLAC 16/44.1
for instance it sounds less flat and squeezed out. not sure if that makes sense, when coming out of my headphones.
also, it sounds less tinggy on the high end and has more sound stage and positioning of instruments.
I like to look at it this way..

mp3 320kbps music = plain soup broth.
Flac 16/44.1 music = soup broth with veggies + meat in it.
agreed i only hear it on some songs though. some songs when i do a comparison i cannot seem to notice a difference haha! maybe it has something to do with the way the track sound? Idk haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back