What IEM's should I buy with $500.00
Jan 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
I want to try a couple of universal IEM's.

My music consists of Dance, Club, House, Techno, Pop, Rap, R&B and other genres (not as much).

What are some IEM's I should pick up?

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 11
I don't know much about the W4...

If anything, I'd just recommend you getting the SM3. From the ones I've owned or have listened to a bit...

Triple Fi? - Sold it - good, but not great. I found it flavorless and boring.

Se 530? sold it - rolled off highs, not accurate enough

Westone 3 - sold it - inaccurate bass, not into the "fun" sound. IEM should do just that... in-ear monitors should deliver a clear sound. There was nothing I can do to the Westone 3s to make them sound even remotely neutral.

Miles davis? beats etc. Not really a competitor in the realm of IEM's in the range you are looking for.

IE8 - unique sound of it's own. heavy heavy bass.

Ck-100 - fantastic detail... not enough... weight? I find myself loving being able to hear the lips of a female vocalist... but turn on some modern music and the quantity of solid bass isn't there. (quality is... just no quantity)

Pretty much whatever Genre I listen to, the SM3 conquers. It's just a more rounded IEM and it even sounds decent through an Ipod. the only pair of earphones that I've actually used with my iphone without absolutely going crazy. They are quite neutral, best separation I've ever heard in an IEM, fantastic detail.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #6 of 11
@luveandp3ace, Wow thats a pretty harsh assessment of the MMD! I think for $260 they are absolutely fantastic. I haven't heard the SM3 but ljoker's thread gave the MMD a very favorable review for sound. BNHabs, I don't listen to the genre's you listen to barring some techno and trance, for those the MMD's were excellent, and I see no reason why they shouldn't do the other genres justice as well. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #7 of 11
ill go for Earsonics SM3, but since you listen to those type of music Sennheiser IE8 will be a better fit.

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #9 of 11

Yea I was thinking for tha kind of money he should probably spring for the 1964's!
Quote:
Customs beat universals, period.

For $500, JH5 or 1964 Ears Quads or Triples.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Quote:
Customs beat universals, period.

Why would you say that Kunlun? Is is because of the better isolation Customs offer or are there other reasons?

Sound quality, fit, isolation. Just look at reviews for JH5 or 1964 Ears quads, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back