What IEMs are those with small ears using?
May 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

K2e2vin

100+ Head-Fier
Right now I have Super.Fi 5 v2's, and the original "small" tips are slightly too big for my ear.  I had Sony(EX55s I think, been a while) and Klipsch S4s prior.  The Sonys were comfortable but did not seal as well as I'd like.  The S4s were tight, sealed pretty well, but the actual driver case made it uncomfortable(the edge pushed against the inside of my ear lobe).

Just curious, what are others with small ears using that's comfortable?  I was looking at Phonak PFEs but I've heard mixed reviews about comfort.  I've been wanting to try RE0s but haven't heard much about comfort; though also looking into UE 700s but given the SF5 tips are too big, the 700 may not work well.  Any others to consider?

May 17, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 10

Quote:
Right now I have Super.Fi 5 v2's, and the original "small" tips are slightly too big for my ear.  I had Sony(EX55s I think, been a while) and Klipsch S4s prior.  The Sonys were comfortable but did not seal as well as I'd like.  The S4s were tight, sealed pretty well, but the actual driver case made it uncomfortable(the edge pushed against the inside of my ear lobe).

Just curious, what are others with small ears using that's comfortable?  I was looking at Phonak PFEs but I've heard mixed reviews about comfort.  I've been wanting to try RE0s but haven't heard much about comfort; though also looking into UE 700s but given the SF5 tips are too big, the 700 may not work well.  Any others to consider?

Have you tried custom fitted tips? This may be your best option..

May 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 10
Jays Q-Jays if you're willing to spend upwards of $100. Can't imagine anything smaller than that. Phonaks are a hit or miss, depending on ear shape. RE0s probably aren't for you if the S4 was uncomfortable.

May 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 10
ATH-CK10, V-Moda Remix, Klipsch Image X10, Q-Jays, SA6 and DBA-02

May 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Jays Q-Jays if you're willing to spend upwards of $100. Can't imagine anything smaller than that. Phonaks are a hit or miss, depending on ear shape. RE0s probably aren't for you if the S4 was uncomfortable.

+1 on the q-jays. And they sound great to boot.

May 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 10
+1 on klipsch x10. their small tips are tiny, as well as being the smallest IEM's on the market (last i heard anyway).   I own them (and im selling them :wink:, and they do sound great!

May 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 10
The RE0s plus de-cored black foam tips or Sony Hybrids or even the plain old black silicone tips work well for me. I barely even feel them when they're in my ears when I wear them cord up.

May 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 10
+2 on Klipsch X10. I've seen them in real life and they're ridiculously small. Br777 is selling them at a great price too (just make sure he includes the receipt because the strain reliefs are known to fray) so I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

May 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 10
The soundmagic pl50 are just ridiculously small. I can't imagine anyone having ears too small to properly fit them. Toss in a set of the SS sony hybrid tips (EPEX10A) and you're set. The only concern is that if you're considering things like the UE 700, they may be somewhat below your price level.

May 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #10 of 10
A friend of mine has tiny ears. So small we took the Sony tips and cut off everything except the inner rubber (the part that wraps around the shaft on the IEM) and it is still a little too big..Her ear canal cant be over 3mm I'll have to snag a pic sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back