What headphones are you currently rocking?
Dec 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,757

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
I know many people here have multiple headphones for different uses. My question is as of your post what are you using?

I will start.

I'm using my shure srh840. Still my best cans. I'm anticipating tuesday when i receive my shure srh940.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 1,757
I'm still rocking the Stax O2's.

One year anniversary coming up in a few weeks, and to this day, they've played nicely with whatever I've thrown at it.

It will probably by my main headphone for many years to come, because just like the other O2, anything that sounds better is actually worse.
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 1,757
Right now am enjoying my Sennheiser HD202 II headphones. Some time this week it'll be one year since i purchased them on sale at the sadly now closed down FYE which always had stunning bargains on everything. They're excellent headphones and are serving me well now that i have a proper gold plug extension cord which doesnt randomly lose the signal at the connection point like my previous non-gold extension cord did. Still its kind of finicky with connections since it had a signal dropout with my Onkyo TX-8555 stereo reciever aswell with me having to move it around to get things going again. Fortunately the new extension cord has fixed all that.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 1,757
Still rocking the HD-800.  Have been for a couple of years.

Though I'll admit to being tempted by the new Shure open full-sized cans.  I might bite after getting a listen.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 1,757
Now i'm on my sennheiser hd 25 1 ii. Listening to some kataklysm.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #12 of 1,757
LCD 2. I've gone through a ton of cans in the last year and I think these are the keepers. I'm considering adding a Thunderpants to the mix next year, but the LCD 2 will be with me for awhile...especially after my LF arrives.

Currently listening to: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Soundtrack by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 1,757
right now just using my k601's since their still new to me since i got them about week ago. the more relaxed top-end is nice difference since rest of my headphones tend to have a flat top-end making them sometimes sound bright on certain sources. good for laidback listening and an all-rounder.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #14 of 1,757
kataklysm sounds amazing on my sennheiser hd 25 1 ii. Deity i love this hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back