What headphones are sexy sounding? Seriously.
May 19, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 to the RS-1 votes. Listening to acoustic guitar on RS-1 with a synergistic amp is like being made love to audially by an exotic latino dancer.

I'd prefer a latina dancer.

May 19, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 33
the only headphones that ever gave me the 'damn these sound sexy' feeling was the sennheiser orpheus system with its really unique treble signature. there was a sparkle to it like when mariah carey hits that note of hers...

May 19, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #19 of 33
Hmm, I sure hope people liked the 'mature' instead of the 'schoolgirls', sometimes this is a rather odd site. Anyway, the Sexytett offcourse!!

May 19, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd prefer a latina dancer.

LOL, nice catch!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I sure hope people liked the 'mature' instead of the 'schoolgirls', sometimes this is a rather odd site. Anyway, the Sexytett offcourse!!

The fact that people would 'like' any of those pics are rather odd in itself already.... never mind if they are schoolgirls or mature...
eek.gif

tongue.gif

No offense intended to anyone who likes those pics!
wink.gif

May 19, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #23 of 33
I hope that you're referring to headphones with a sensual, euphonic quality to their sound rather than any kind of headphone fetish.

In that case, HE90 would be my first pick, and a well-driven Omega 2 would be my second. The HE90 has a velvety euphony to its sound that makes it flowing and incredibly smooth, while at the same time tonally rich and full of detail. The Omega 2 has an extremely full, tonally rich, lush, and layered sound. It's not an immediately stark, clear window into a recording but rather one that you have to peer through, and then you will gradually see, layer by layer, what's actually there. Its combination of fullness, tonal richness, and detail is seriously awesome on vocals and anything with a lot of harmonic nuance.

May 19, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #25 of 33
I hope I can share that with you @ the end of the week 'ring wraith'
smily_headphones1.gif
woodied 325i's
wink.gif

May 19, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #26 of 33
Grado woodies.... bahahahahhaha..... I didn't even catch that until just a second ago.
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

But really? The sexiest sound I have heard has been from HD650s... I don't own them, but I had a lengthy listen to a pair of them a little while ago. I found them very warm and intimate overall... plus they're really frickin' comfy.

May 19, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #27 of 33
And you own the more expensive K701, interesting. For me the 650 was like opposite of sexy, I would go for a more 'emotional' headphone, more like a grado, but anyway I keep my vote for the sextett. And not just cause of the name
wink.gif

May 19, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you own the more expensive K701, interesting. For me the 650 was like opposite of sexy, I would go for a more 'emotional' headphone, more like a grado, but anyway I keep my vote for the sextett. And not just cause of the name
wink.gif

The sexiest thing I ever heard was Ceu through a tube amp and K701s
redface.gif

May 19, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #29 of 33
I think the 750's are quite sexy. They grab you along on a adventurous ride, spank you when you need to be and sweet you up when you feel like it with lot's of unexpected things in between :wink:. Always faithful and always ready for the taking....lol

On a more serious note..I find the Ergos I heard on the last meet to have a very seductive sound when played the right music ofcourse, but that's always the case, *even* in real life.

May 20, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #30 of 33
Well, just heard the Denon D5000 for the first time. Gotta say that they're pretty sexy sounding!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back