What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now?
Jan 22, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #391 of 492
That's a beauty.  I've never heard of Scott amplifiers.  I'll have to read up on them.  For the next year I'm not buying anymore audio items or not much else for that matter.  I've made a commitment to get rid of my debt which is substantial.  3/4 of my debt can be attributed to this hobby.  :xf_eek:

There is a lot to learn about, not that I really learned that much over the years. I had a tube tester and could check all the tubes. I also learned how the Scott amps started with the first models made very weak in power, also not having headphone jacks, then slowly were made more and more powerful until everything went solid-state.

I don't remember if the Fisher 500s had a middle mono channel? It was when stereo first came out and the three channel system helped folks who heard a space in the middle? The Scott had the middle channel. At times you can still find them for $200. The capacitors need to be replaced if they are original. Funny though that all through the late 1990s into 2004 all I was into was that Scott sound. Your mind plays tricks on you and you could hear a $10K solid state rig but it would not sound as good as your tube amp. I maybe just need to borrow a Scott amp for side by side comparisons as at times memories are embellished. Lol

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #393 of 492
HE-500 run off of the Yamaha CA-600 speaker tabs

Budget king end-game

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #395 of 492
Audeze LCD-X and Woo Audio WA7/WA7tp

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #398 of 492
  Is that thing powerful enough for those Audeze´s? i though planar magnetics needed very powerful amp´s

More than enough power.  The LCD-X's are pretty darn efficient - 20 ohms - 103db @ 1mW.  Based on other threads, the WA7/WA7tp seems to have no issue driving LCD-2's/LCD-3's as well.  I never turn the volume up past the 12:00 position on the LCD-x's for normal listening volumes...

http://www.audiobot9000.com/match/audeze/lcd-x/with/woo-audio/wa7-fireflies

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #400 of 492
Emotiva Stealth DC-1>>>>>>>Schiit Lyr ( Noir )>>>>>>>HiFiman HE400I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back