What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now?
Jan 20, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #379 of 492
Dusted off my LCD-2 currently going through my NFB10.32. Gave me a huge scare with insane channel imbalance but now they are starting to sound okay again

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #383 of 492
LOL !   Yes completely restored except I'm having it checked by a guy who knows his stuff & who's been in & seen everything & anything from tube TVs, stereos, to modern day electronics.  He's going to go over it check everything out and probably just have to DeoxITize it.  It started doing some scratchy noise with the on/off volume button a few weeks ago.  Aside from that it works perfectly.  My wife & I moved over here 3 years ago when we retired (originally from Ottawa), in a small village next to a very small city/village (but near the Ocean/Beaches) so this guy is God sent.  BTW the sound on this 500c is astounding.  I've owned such headlamps as the GS-X MK2 & the Auralic Taurus MKII, GS-1 & this old receiver is the best one I've owned along with the Benchmark DAC1 HDR. 

BTW Fearless1 I see you have the vintage Yamaha 1020 = jealous also.  I've been tempted to get one that was available on Canuck Audio Mart but my New Years Resolution is to keep what I have, headphones & amps & pay off my debts which are 3/4 due to this hobby and this should take me the rest of the year so the 1020 will have to wait until next year. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #384 of 492
LOL !   Yes completely restored except I'm having it checked by a guy who knows his stuff & who's been in & seen everything & anything from tube TVs, stereos, to modern day electronics.  He's going to go over it check everything out and probably just have to DeoxITize it.  It started doing some scratchy noise with the on/off volume button a few weeks ago.  Aside from that it works perfectly.  My wife & I moved over here 3 years ago when we retired (originally from Ottawa), in a small village next to a very small city/village (but near the Ocean/Beaches) so this guy is God sent.  BTW the sound on this 500c is astounding.  I've owned such headlamps as the GS-X MK2 & the Auralic Taurus MKII, GS-1 & this old receiver is the best one I've owned along with the Benchmark DAC1 HDR. 

BTW Fearless1 I see you have the vintage Yamaha 1020 = jealous also.  I've been tempted to get one that was available on Canuck Audio Mart but my New Years Resolution is to keep what I have, headphones & amps & pay off my debts which are 3/4 due to this hobby and this should take me the rest of the year so the 1020 will have to wait until next year. :beerchug:

Trade!! I'm packing it up as we speak! :p

The Yammie has a nice smooth sound and tons of power. Does very well with planars. Highly recommend it.

The guy I get my tubes from has a completely restored 500c and it literally brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on owning a beautiful piece of audiophile history!

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #385 of 492

Thanks Fearless1.  If you check eBay or US Audio Mart periodically you may come across one, suprisingly finding one for sale is not as rare as some people think/say.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #386 of 492
Glorious mid-Fi:robot:

Schiit Asgard Number One

One DACMagic Plus

Audio Technica M-50

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #387 of 492
Vintage Fisher 500c

Nice! I used to listen to one in 1976! Even in the mid 1970s those Fisher 500s had a rep for being able to power speakers loud!

I really like the Scott tube amps from that era, as soon as they made the later ones more powerful. I had the big Fisher 500 mono tuner too. Priced at 1/3 the price of a new car in those days!

Gotta enjoy the warmth!!!!

Sold this guy in 2009. Amazing this is what audiophile was when they came out. Also the most expensive stereo equipment you could buy then.

Also had a x100 known for their great phono stages.

Jan 21, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #388 of 492

Vintage Fisher 500c

Nice! I used to listen to one in 1976! Even in the mid 1970s those Fisher 500s had a rep for being able to power speakers loud!

I really like the Scott tube amps from that era, as soon as they made the later ones more powerful. I had the big Fisher 500 mono tuner too. Priced at 1/3 the price of a new car in those days!

Gotta enjoy the warmth!!!!

Sold this guy in 2009. Amazing this is what audiophile was when they came out. Also the most expensive stereo equipment you could buy then.

Also had a x100 known for their great phono stages.

Wow, very nice.  Do you regret selling them ?

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #389 of 492

Only my Scott amp. Still I have enough stuff? You can still buy them for $400-$500.

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #390 of 492

Only my Scott amp. Still I have enough stuff? You can still buy them for $400-$500.

That's a beauty.  I've never heard of Scott amplifiers.  I'll have to read up on them.  For the next year I'm not buying anymore audio items or not much else for that matter.  I've made a commitment to get rid of my debt which is substantial.  3/4 of my debt can be attributed to this hobby.  
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back