What happened to iGrado?
Oct 16, 2006 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 69

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485
Just realised that after the initial excitement, now I don't seem to see any recent threads on the iGrados. Are these not popular?
confused.gif
Back when it was released, people were saying that they don't actually look so bad and even suggested that they may become FOTM. And now, nada...

It's because people finally got to hear them and apparently, they sound like poo. None of that signature Grado magic.

Edit: WOOT my first time warp!

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 69
Just realised that after the initial excitement, now I don't seem to see any recent threads on the iGrados. Are these not popular?
confused.gif
Back when it was released, people were saying that they don't actually look so bad and even suggested that they may become FOTM. And now, nada...

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #3 of 69
i personally think they look quite ugly.

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 69
Well, they seem to lack in the classic/retro looks department ..and many may opt to use the K75sfor portability, excercising, and for much less, I have heard them and they sound similar to the SR-60's but the 60's still reign over the new portable Grado.

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 69
Their appearance ...... is probably a BIG factor...

Oct 17, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
It's because people finally got to hear them and apparently, they sound like poo. None of that signature Grado magic.

I thought they sound like the sr-60?

Oct 17, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485
I thought they sound like the sr-60?

That's what i heard to, after some modding the shine as much as SR-60. Just need to change the pad or make a hole in them. The poo sound come from the heavy padding muffle-job from what people say.

Oct 17, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
I prefer them than the ksc-75s that I had.

Same here, I bought my iGrados to be an upgrade from my KSC-75s. I'm very pleased with them. I'm very surprised with how great the midrange is on them. I'm going to quarter mod them soon to fix the highs, but besides that, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Oct 17, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 69
Another very happy iGrado owner here also. I currently have reversed 414's on mine because I have not cut the stock pads yet.

Pad customiation fixes much of what the initial complaints were over sound-wize.

I think its just a nitch headphone that people were just waiting for ...now that they have seen them and many have neemed them as just ok they are falling off the radar. They are my current on the go headphone and I love them fit and sound. The only real flaws are that they dont look that great and come with bad pads. Comfort and sound is there ...you just have to tweak them.

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #13 of 69
I just got mine today. So far, only a few impressions, but I'll post a thread later. Great bass, though. Not near as deep as the HF-1, but it's got lots of impact - good portably, I hope, and of course, while the highs have that great Grado sparkle and detail, they don't even approach the amount of refinement and detail of my HF-1's. I'll be listening tomorrow throughout the day to test these fully. Can't wait!

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #14 of 69
I hate streetstyles. They never fit me right and the stupid band in the back will always get in the way when you're resting your head back. That being said, I was willing to overlook all of that if the iGrados sound good, but with all the mixed (mostly negative though) impressions, theres no way I'd buy them without hearing them first. A good headphone never has this much mixed opinion, especially at this price point.

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #15 of 69
Once the original pads are either replaced or quarter-moded iGrados become an excellent portable headphone. I prefer them to PX100 and iM716. With PX100 pads they sound balanced, excellent bass with plentiful impact (really nice!) and sparkly treble. They’re not as refined as higher end Grados, but extremely enjoyable nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back