What ever happened to Real TEA???
Jan 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #31 of 91
My parents always get my relatives from China to bring it to us when they visit. It's pretty hard to find good tea in the states but it's virtually impossible to find the tea that I'm accustomed to. I love to watch them unfold and take in the aroma before drinking it. I find that it often evokes a sense of calm and find it to be rather therapeutic! :]

I've always had a huge cabinet filled with it since I was a little boy so I can't really comment on where to find it, but I'll try to ask my mother when I get my chance :]

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #33 of 91
Thanks Zodduska , ill try that also.
And solessthanthree , if you can find out where to get that tea online, that would be awesome, thankyou.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #34 of 91
One interesting tidbit that I learned about tea. It contains L-theanine which has a calming effect on the central nervous system. So while it is perking you up it reduces the jitters that caffeine can create. :wink:

Theanine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #35 of 91
I buy tea from China, but even then the good stuff is hard to buy. I've also noticed that the fresh tea leaves can get bad over time so I try not to let them sit around for too long.

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #36 of 91
Zodduska,

I tried to mail you back and got this message for some reason:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. Invalid recipient username. Please press the back button, enter the correct username and try again. Click Here to See the Members List

Thanks for the website though.

Its weird because i didnt type a user name to send it to, i just hit the reply button.
eek.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #37 of 91
Ok, i tried it again and it worked. Weird!

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #39 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by cerbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to travel nearly 100 mi. north to get good tea (International Farmer's Market in Atl, GA--I think the one near Buford Hwy). And then, I'm not sure what varieties I'll have to choose from.

Do you mean the DeKalb International Farmers Market? - Your Dekalb Farmers Market - A World Market

That's also where I buy my tea these days.

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #40 of 91
Jan 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #41 of 91
Jan 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I buy tea from China, but even then the good stuff is hard to buy. I've also noticed that the fresh tea leaves can get bad over time so I try not to let them sit around for too long.

on coffee, I'm very sensitive to how fresh the bean is. when I get a half pound bag and do a first grind, the whole house smells great
wink.gif
by the time I'm halfway thru, only a few days later - its not nearly as strong. that's why I buy half-pounds instead of full pounds.

I can't imagine getting 'fresh' tea. there's nothing a user has to do to it, right?
wink.gif
with coffee, there's a whole grinding science (and brewing) but with tea, there's 'only' brewing.

Jan 13, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #43 of 91
Jan 13, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on coffee, I'm very sensitive to how fresh the bean is. when I get a half pound bag and do a first grind, the whole house smells great
wink.gif
by the time I'm halfway thru, only a few days later - its not nearly as strong. that's why I buy half-pounds instead of full pounds.

I can't imagine getting 'fresh' tea. there's nothing a user has to do to it, right?
wink.gif
with coffee, there's a whole grinding science (and brewing) but with tea, there's 'only' brewing.

People get into their tea just like coffee lovers, cigars,pipes,incense,wine,cheeses,caviar,music,bee r, baking,and other "finer" things.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #45 of 91
I once went to the Ten-Ren tea shop in New York city Chinatown. It was amazing, they had $200+ per pound teas there, in giant cylinder things. I don't know how good they were, because I didn't buy any, but it was still impressive as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back