what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Jul 10, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #211 of 362
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine comes from my surname, Beesley but it wasn't my creation. As my friend once exclaimed "Chisel my nizzel, Bizzel!" To this day, I still have no idea what he meant by that.

Brap brap ma breadbin!
tongue.gif

Mine needs no explanation, I was really into DJ Shadow at the time of signing up.

Jul 10, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #212 of 362
Hardwired is the name of a cyberpunk novel by Walter Jon Williams where people plug computers and electronics directly into their brains (hence the term 'hardwired'). Hey, I'm a programmer, so it's my dream. It's also an awesome book about pharmaceutical companies taking over the world and independent workers fighting them, but that's secondary.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #214 of 362
I seem to recall another thread or 6 about names, and vaguely remember putting my info on one of those. But, since this is here and now, and it's a MUCH older thread awoken from the dead....

Skullguise is the surname of a "Wamphyri Lady" from one of Brian Lumley's awesome books in the Necroscope series.

Full name: Devetaki Skullguise

My other consideration was Lord Vormulac Unsleep, but Vormulac sounded too much like the Coneheads
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #215 of 362
Character from one of my favorite video games of all time.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #216 of 362
My headfi name "LFF" - are simply my initials.

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #218 of 362
When Homer ate the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper he had a vision quest. His spirit guide, who was a bit of a pranqster, was a coyote (voiced by Johnny Cash). When Homer awoke the next morning in a sand trap at the local golf course he "realized" that everything he'd experienced the night before were hallucinations, at which point he proclaims, "In your face Space Coyote!".

My avatar, Dracula's Heart by Jerry Garcia.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #219 of 362
I came up with my name when I was making my photography-site. I wanted to work under a different name then my own. It's sort of a combination of Contrast and Artistic and I wanted to have a french touch to it since I am absolutely in love with France so that's how it was born.
I use it on every internet-thingy I join now.

Jul 10, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #220 of 362
Glod should actually be Glöd, the diacritic dots fell off during some confusion around the e-mail adress of my account here. Glöd is Swedish for Glow, and the dots are critical for the pronounciation of the word in that language. It is the same letter as the one in German, Turkish et cetera.

Jul 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #221 of 362
Word play on my name and email nomenclature

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #222 of 362
Years ago I used to enjoy sampling and collecting nice Burgundy wines -- when they were (relative to now) affordable, and my stomach could handle it.

There were some particular wines under the Romanée apellation that were/are unforgettable for me, so it always brings those delicious impressions to mind. After having picked the name, it seems to me a little gypsy-ish, Roman-tic, and maybe a little mysterious -- which, when combined with my 1929 L5 Gibson (the headstock is my current avatar), reminds me of the great Django Reinhardt.

Great wine … great music. Ahhhhh.

A delectable Romanée sampling:

RomaneeConti1999.jpg

A Lovely 1929 Gibson L5:

L5mid1929_Front10h150_6h.jpg

Jul 10, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #223 of 362
I'm Russell.. my Hebrew name is Ruzziel (Gods angel of fire, or gods secret).. when I was traveling I used the countries internet suffix when I'd sign in to a messenger so ppl would know where I am. I'm home now.. and ruZZ.il stuck
smily_headphones1.gif
it goes well with my name, too.. soo.. yeeeh
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back