What does "New in The Box" mean to you????
Aug 28, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #46 of 46
Once again, there is a definite difference between "new in box" and "Unopened". Despite what ebay describes "new in the box" as, there are still plenty of items described as "unopened". I disagree with the notion that "new in the box" should or could mean brand new, unopened. If there is a question during a transaction about what this means, there definitely has to be questions asked by the buyer, because ther is room for different interpretations. When someone mentoions that something is "unused", I think it's a reasonable assumption to make that when a seller mentions that something is unused, the box has been opened.

Flashback, Tuberoller has every right to solicit the opinions of others concerning any issue, including this one. He never mentioned Your name at all either in the original sales thread or in this thread, so for you to be disappointed that he pursued an answer in this thread is unfounded and wrong. People replied to this thread, both positivelty and negatively, without any knowledge that you were the buyer. I know how you feel concerning this issue, but realistically, expecting a $100 discount on a "new in the box" item and not expecting it to have been opened may have been asking for a lot. Not to question your use of the phones, but what real difference is there that the box has been opened. The bottom line is that the headphones haven't been used at all and the warrenty is transferrable. What more could you really ask for? Whwn you receive the headphones and if their in unsatisfactory condition, that's one thing. If not, do you really feel you've been cheated out of anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back