What do your kids think of Audiophilia/What got you into Audiophilia?
Jun 12, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #106 of 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceshark /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe some kids like me will help in personally destroying the Beats line, and will pioneer a new pair of headphones from a reputable company that look good AND sound good, not to mention are reasonably priced. 

I wish that day would come soon. I think that monster, skullcandy and bose are really screwing the prices in the headphone market. While I totally agree that certain headphones should cost a ton of money, I think that getting rid of the high priced, crappy sounding headphones will cause more people to look into getting shures, beyers, AKG's etc, therefore causing more competition in the market, which will hopefully lower prices.

Monster is like the pro-active of headphones.  

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #107 of 139
All 3 of my headphones (JVC Flats - Great, JVC Marshmallows - Decent, Sony NC7 - Crap) were bought for under $20 bucks. Does this make me ghetto? I'm looking at some of the lower-end Senns (HD215 or 428) or AKG (K99 or K514) now because of this forum's guidance (Although i'm sure many are going to denounce my foray into the low-end AKGs). I came here just because I don't have enough money to make bad decisions on headphones. It's worked out well so far, and I look forward to getting a job (I'll regret that soon :p ) so I can actually buy some decent cans.

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #108 of 139
They love bass, just like I did as a kid.
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #110 of 139
IMO Beats and Skullcandy are sort of a blessing in disguise to the audiophile community, mostly because they show that people are willing to pay for good audio quality and they make headphones more accessible for the younger kids. 

Talk about headphones is getting more and more common in the halls where I go to school. 

There's a handful of people at my school who own beats and at least 3 of them have said they regret it. Luckily I was saved by head-fi and am getting ready to purchase some sr225i's in a week or two. 

Hopefully someday people will start opting for Sennheisers or Grados instead of Beats and Skullcandys. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #111 of 139
My son enjoys his hand-me-down Technics I gave him.  Not the greatest but my favorite under $100.  He's far more sensative to bass than I (years of abuse I guess) so he doesn't care for my ultrasones.

My 4 year old daughter's favorite pair is my MDR-V900's...she calls them "the so comfy's".

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #113 of 139
No one should have children. 

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #114 of 139

Quote:
No one should have children. 

I was watching that Extreme Couponers show, and one of the women said "the best deal i ever had, were my kids." Because they were twins
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #115 of 139
Been an audiophile for 1 1/2 years(16 now) and I'm really enjoying great sound so far. I moved faster to mid-end cans, such as HD 650, MDR-F1, DT 880, ER4-S, DBA-02, MTPG/PC, compared to others of my age(Bought all my gears with my own money, not parents) and I feel like I'm hitting a border somewhere. I've realized headphones beyond the $300 price point have little to nearly no improvement, other than different sound signatures. Sometimes I feel like I'm buying headphones just for listening/perceiving the details in music rather than actually enjoying music. It's like upgrading your computer to the latest hardware, but you don't play games. I'm buying and selling headphones to amass enough money to buy the LCD-2. Hopefully, I'm wrong about the "$300+ headphones aren't worth it" belief. 

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #116 of 139
yeah and how'd you get the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back