what do you where to work everyday?
Jan 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

wanderman

Headphoneus Supremus
My parents think it is pretty strange that I wear a hard hat, goggles, earplugs, jeans, steel toed boots and polo shirt to work everyday and not be in construction. How does everyone else dress when they head to work? Anyone wear flip-flops and pajamas to work?

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone wear flip-flops and pajamas to work?

I do...but then I work from home. It really is very cool working from home...I highly recommend it.
cool.gif

Muwahahahahahaha to all of the commuters out there!

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 23
Jeans, t-shirt or polo, sneakers, really relaxed business casual basically (IT job for a construction company). Have to throw on my hard hat and safety vest if I go out to a job site though.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #5 of 23
Hardhat and flame-retardant coverall's when I'm up on the slope working around the rigs. Add a heavy Far-Sea jacket in the winter.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 23
where? do i what?

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hardhat and flame-retardant coverall's when I'm up on the slope working around the rigs. Add a heavy Far-Sea jacket in the winter.

chemical engineering?

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
chemical engineering?

Petroleum Engineering, actually.

Jan 14, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Petroleum Engineering, actually.

same department. I know someone who works with bp 2weeks on and 2 weeks off and takes plane to work. They live on the southshore and work on the north. She loves it but I don't think I could deal with it.

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #12 of 23
i sometimes get dressed for work. Work from home really does rock.

I'd work on the slope, if given the opportunity. I miss alaska.

Jan 14, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #15 of 23
The dress code at work isn't strict (no shorts, flip-flops, basically anything you wouldn't be caught dead with at church
biggrin.gif
). I typically wear a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up because we work with chemicals, khakis, and comfortable business shoes. I sometimes wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back