What do you think of Vista?
Mar 27, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #181 of 226
with that much of an overclock that xps should fly thru vista. must be something wrong with your install, maybe a bad driver or something

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #182 of 226
sometimes it doesnt shutdown, it always just drops the internet like it cant find the network card, games dont play very well compared to what they should, updates dont install

the shutting down nd games are particularly annoying

also, its so hard to find everything, especially in control panel

Mar 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #183 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sometimes it doesnt shutdown, it always just drops the internet like it cant find the network card, games dont play very well compared to what they should, updates dont install

the shutting down nd games are particularly annoying

also, its so hard to find everything, especially in control panel

1. If it drops the internet then check for new drivers from the network card manufacturer. My Sony needed new drivers, which were actually specially updated by Sony to solve that same issue.

2. You can switch the control panel to the Classic view. Open Control panel and look in the column on the lefthand side for the actual words Classic View.

Mar 27, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #185 of 226
Gaming Performance != Real Performance.

99% of Microsoft's target market aren't intense 3D gamers. Real application performance under Vista is considerably faster.

And for what it's worth, Vista fixed the major lag issues I was having in Call of Duty 2 under XP.

Mar 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #187 of 226
well, the network card problems might be solvable then, i have been unable to update for a while and there is one for my card

it would be nice if this fixed the problem,

should be switching to xp in the next few days, when i get a spare weekend, the performace loss is just too much

Mar 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #189 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, the network card problems might be solvable then, i have been unable to update for a while and there is one for my card

it would be nice if this fixed the problem,

should be switching to xp in the next few days, when i get a spare weekend, the performace loss is just too much

Just a thought, you may wanna see if you have any firmware updates available for your for your router as well. Also, if you install the trial version of network magic it makes diagnosing stuff like this very easy.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #190 of 226
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gaming Performance != Real Performance.

99% of Microsoft's target market aren't intense 3D gamers. Real application performance under Vista is considerably faster.

And for what it's worth, Vista fixed the major lag issues I was having in Call of Duty 2 under XP.

even if that were the case every benchmark I have seen say that the gaming performance in xp and vista is the same.

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #191 of 226
Don't like it at all.
Well, I don't really like MS Windows at all. Even if I use MS Windows XP at work, which in some way get me through the day..

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #192 of 226
im not a fan of the uac. and vista is horrible at gauging the amount of space in my harddrive. 60 gigs, 3 gigs, huhhuhuhuh?

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #194 of 226
Vista isn't a big step up from XP for basic computer users. Even for gamers DX10 isn't proving to be that great of a pull factor. I think Ill stick to XP for awhile longer.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #195 of 226
I'm sticking to XP. Vista is too "dummy orientated". I'd rather have icons than swathes of texts telling me what each 'chapter'/section does. The interface isn't that much nicer to look at and certainly more difficult to use, albeit more advanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back