What do you regret getting rid of in this hobby?
Apr 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #46 of 60
Headphones

K1000s: I knew what I was doing when I sold them to help fund the KGBH SE/O2 MK1 combo, but I miss them.

HD650s: same as above. I kept the 600s, but from time to time I still wish I could listen to them.

Ety ER4P/S: I sold them to help fund UE11s, but I had them for many years, it's like they were a part of me and I really do miss them.

HF1s: traded them along with cash for a really nice gun. Again, knew what I was doing, but still miss them.

Amps

The only amp I really miss of all the ones I've sold was the LaRocco PRII MK1. I regret selling that almost daily.

Sources

Eastern Electric MiniMax: this is a wonderful and highly underrated redbook player that is fairly compact, and has a decent headphone out. Great for an office or small room. I no longer needed it, but I really liked it.

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #47 of 60
HP-1000's. I needed the money for a phono stage, and my options were HP-1000, PS-1 or vintage RS-1's. I listened to the HP-1000's the least so they went.

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #48 of 60
Headphones:

GS1000, although mid on this is recessed, I always miss its bassy + soundstage signature.

Amp:

M^3, I like it much and I'm getting another one soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Sources:

DacMagic, it received mixed opinions here, but I like it pretty much, it's a musical converter.

Apr 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #50 of 60
My biggest regret was trading my first pair of HD-650's for a pair of Sony CD3000's. Huge mistake - the Sony's sibilance ended up giving me a headache after 30 min of listening, so I ended up selling them within a few weeks and promptly purchasing a new pair of HD-650's.

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #52 of 60
nothing.

because i always used the money to buy new gear that i wanted to hear and that is a big part of the hobby for me. if i really loved something, i would not sell it. so those items never leave. but things that i only like but if sold can get me other things that i have become quite interested in can go and do. for example, i sold my L3000 to get an O2 rig and sold my PS1 so i can save for a high end stat amp. if i had more discretionary funds i would just keep it all, but that not being the case, you need to make those types of decisions. on the other hand, i love my HE60. i would never sell it unless i got out of the hobby (or had an HE90).

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #53 of 60
Sennheiser HD580: My introduction to this whole mess. Lots of memories associated with them, I miss them a bit.

I don't regret letting go of anything else, well yet at least. Actually, I wish I were more judicious and avoided impulse buys or trying to shoehorn gear in places where it didn't belong.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #55 of 60
Cambridge Audio 840c CD player. It was pretty magical with some of my classical recordings, even outdoing the Opus 21. I sold it to fund the Opus but I'm not entirely satisfied with that either. And soon I'll ditch the Opus only to miss it just like I miss the 840c.

But, when you get the O2, your quest for sources begins, and it will be a while before it ends.

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #56 of 60
Yamaha CX-1000 preamplifier.

Damn.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back