What do you regret getting rid of in this hobby?
Apr 7, 2009 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to know what you regret selling or getting rid of and why!

I am putting this in the headphone forum because thats what this hobby is all about, and I'm most interested in what cans you've sold that you regret doing so. But, feel free to add amps and sources as well!

For me, I should have never, ever sold(in descending order):

Cans:
Sennheiser HE60 (best headphone I have ever heard. period. I was stupid to get rid of them because I didn't even need the cash.)
Headphile HP3000 (very, very rare...can never find again)
AKG K1000 (loved the sound, but it just wasn't practical at the time...now it is for me but the price has gone up! lol)

Amp:
Zana Duex (very, very lovely sounding. best amp I have heard to date)

And I would never sold any of this stuff if I wasn't tempted by gaining the extra cash.
biggrin.gif
The only situation where I actually needed the cash was the HP3000. I get buyers remorse whenever I own anything over $1000. I start to think of how much cash in hand it really is that I spent on audio equipment.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #2 of 60
I totally regret getting of rid my SR-Lambda combo.

It was such a bargain in terms of price/performance. It's definitely comparable to the W5000 rig at 1/3 of the price.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 60
AKG 501's - I sold them for the money at the time and still very much miss them
frown.gif
. Best midrange I have ever heard.

Grade 325i's - I really liked these and will buy a new pair when I save up the money. I took them back to the shop I picked them up at and still kinda regret it.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 60
moonboy403: A STAX Lambda is "comparable" to a W5000? I think the Lambdas are better than any dynamic headphone I've ever heard, ever!
biggrin.gif

What I regret most is selling my Shure E4Gs. They were truly good IEMs and I enjoyed them immensely. I need to find a pair sometime.

Apr 7, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
moonboy403: A STAX Lambda is "comparable" to a W5000? I think the Lambdas are better than any dynamic headphone I've ever heard, ever! :lambdasmile:

What I regret most is selling my Shure E4Gs. They were truly good IEMs and I enjoyed them immensely. I need to find a pair sometime.

I slightly preferred the W5000 to the Lambda. I found the Lambda to be a bit uninvolving and lacking weight.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 60
I shouldn't have got rid of my Senn HD-201's so quickly. I should have given them to my roommate to use with his electric guitar. I did that with the Fony MDR-V900HD's--even if it's not real V900HD's, I can't hear a whisper of his (****ty) (amped) playing within 5'.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 60
Nothing. I'm pretty happy with the phones I have. Would be nice if I hadn't spent so much over the years on Koss Spark Plugs, but I've finally stopped buying them, so better late than never.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #10 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heads_Up /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my wife - i needed more time to listen to my cans

LOL!!!!

Apr 7, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #15 of 60
I sometimes wish I hadn't gotten rid of my K701s. At the time, I just didn't have the right amp and DAC to get the most out of them. I have vowed not to sell any Stax though, as I know I'll regret it.

number1sixerfan: You should be shot.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back