What do you regret getting rid of in this hobby?
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #31 of 60
I should've never sold my Sony MDR-CD1700.
Despite some sonic flaws, they are very comfortable.
All the headphones I had after them, were much worse in comfort.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #33 of 60
I hope I'll never have to sell anything.
frown.gif

Unless I get something completely better than something else (e.g. I don't regret selling my PortaPros
wink.gif
).

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #35 of 60
My vinyl.

I'd have quite a collection because my friends all got rid of theirs as well. Had I kept it all, I'd have a few thousand lps at least. (insert large boot to the butt).

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #36 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My vinyl.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
Years ago I sold all my LP's. Regret that until this day.
Eventually I bought a new record player, and started collecting LP's again. But it's not the same
frown.gif

Apr 7, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #38 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Now it simply be a kick in the but if I ever bought them again at their going price. I also sold my first K1000 for $550. It hurt like hell when I paid $1400 for them last year.
redface.gif

My only regret is that I put money in the stock market instead of keeping rare exotic headphones.

Apr 7, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #39 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only regret is that I put money in the stock market instead of keeping rare exotic headphones.

Isn't that the truth!

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #40 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My vinyl.

I'd have quite a collection because my friends all got rid of theirs as well. Had I kept it all, I'd have a few thousand lps at least. (insert large boot to the butt).

I got rid of all my vinyl within a week of hearing a CD for the first time. I have never regretted it for a minute, and can't imagine why I ever would. CDs are vastly superior.

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #41 of 60
please don't go there... there's something about vinyl too.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #42 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got rid of all my vinyl within a week of hearing a CD for the first time. I have never regretted it for a minute, and can't imagine why I ever would. CDs are vastly superior.

Vinyl is fun! I don't find it practical, and the vast majority of my music is on CDs ripped in lossless, but I always try to find a copy of the music I really like on LP, just for the experience of putting needle to plastic. There's something... nostalgic about it.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #43 of 60
I must say though. After I sold my HP3000 and HP1000 I went to India for 8 months, and each of those headphones paid for 2.5 entire months (ie. together they paid for 5 months) living, eating, and learning- an experience that cannot even be compared to any headphone system, or possesion.

I wanted to put that out there, that while I miss them, it was the right thing to do. And there are also headphones that I sold that I do not miss.... I also think that whether selling a phone is a good or bad idea, a headphone will always seem better when you don't have it anymore, because you can dream away all the little things that bothered you about it, and remember only the sweetness. Just like when you are away from a person for a long time, actually
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #45 of 60
I've made money on almost everything I bought and sold, and I regret none of it. I only ever regret what I didn't buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back