What Do You Look Like?
Mar 24, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Cool, KeVlaR....! The Arctic Corsair is a much larger craft than I imagined. Built in 1960, huh? She's 5 years younger than me!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup. I don't own her personally but she has a place in my heart. I work on her on a weekend during the summer months as a tourguide.

Perhaps not as impressive as some other preserved vessels but still fascinating all the same.

I take a lot of pride in being able to say that I was involved in rescuing her from the cutters torch and getting her restored for everybody to enjoy.

Regards her age. She's 14 years older than me. Hehehe

Sound As Ever
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 8:07 AM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by frankclone
Did you run across an irate farmer or some enthusiastic
officers =-of-the-law, jude?

This was a big training class, teaching hostage rescue tactics to law enforcement and counter-terror personnel from around the globe on this particular day. This photo was taken at the shooting range during this particular course. That car was obviously a bit of a target. That high grassy area in the background is actually a big berm put up to stop bullets and other fast-moving things (we were at a very large outdoor training range that is completely surrounded by that berm).

Mar 27, 2002 at 10:27 AM Post #38 of 56
Jude
Have you indulged in a spot of ordnance delivery there yourself?
Hehe.

Setmenu

Mar 27, 2002 at 11:20 AM Post #39 of 56
Well, if I can get this to post correctly, it is a picture of me on the ski mountain in Arsenev, about 3 hours from Vladivostok. If your lucky, you might even see a siberian tiger on your way down the hill, if you are unlucky, you might see one on the way up....
Notice the extremely high tech rope tow at right.
Me on a mountain...a very cold mountain
I hope this link works. Otherwise just go to http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stuartr414 go to head-fi, and find the photo. I really wish I knew how to simply put the photo in the picutre...
There is another picture of me with my 580's on there too...I was actually doing some heavy comparison between them and my ety's.

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 56
lheheheh,
Jude sent me that picture about six months ago in an email attachment.
I put it on my desktop as wallpaper for chuckles.
Everytime I looked at the car the mental picture was "so,you didn't REALLY like that car RIGHT DUDE !"
And if you ever say a fkn word .................................

Kiddin'jude,classic pic though man
very_evil_smiley.gif

And if the rickmonster were to actually scan a pic and upload you would all be very dissapointed.I am actually nothing special to look at other than being VERY good looking
rolleyes.gif

On these boards the only folks that have acually met me in the flesh and survived the shock
Apheared
Dan G briefly
Todd
Tyll
And lurking somewhere joelongwood ,though I could not decifer his disguise
OH ****,then there was Dan from Headroomm
And..........................

All seemed to have survived the shock of meeting a great specimen of male humanity

Damn.if I was not me I would want to be
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #42 of 56
Here is a very pixilated image of me.

Morphsci, don't hesitate to wave if you see me wandering around Aiken.

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #43 of 56
rick: Heh, was Apheared as hypercaffinated and otherwise Freakazoidish as he acts? And you don't happen to know what's happened to him, do you?

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #44 of 56
tell ya what erik , we hit it off from moment one.
Kindred knuckleheads.
He is a good man and a pleasure to be around , though being me I HAD to mess with him (just a bit guys).
And no,I have not have had contact recently with Michael ,my bad.
He is ALWAYS welcome in any place on the planet I happen to be at , and then some.
Good man , and I am a good judge of who is cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back