What do guys think about tough girls?
Aug 30, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #32 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like girls who are slightly evil and a little corrupt but tough girls as you describe them are a turn-off.

+1

Would a business woman with a hot physique but a strong/firm personality count as tough? Or do you really mean a woman that is butch?

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #33 of 75
Just my experience (obviously not all-encompassing so nobody get offended), the "tough girls" that I've had flings with before turned out to be quite the opposite of their initial appearance - rather insecure and had some emotional issues.

Preferences in order: Integrity, intelligence, sense of humor, looks, all of the other little things in a relationship

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #35 of 75
I dislike high maintenance because it can get very expensive way to fast (clothes, makeup, etc.)

I also prefer tasteful (a little here and there) over distasteful makeup (raccoon eyes and caked on elsewhere) and actually prefer nothing at all...

I also prefer brains over no brains all the time... it doesn't matter how good they look if they don't have a brain or almost failed high school they are out of the question...

I prefer the semi tough variety, no tattoos, smoking is unattractive, drinking like crazy is also unattractive but I would rather have semi tough over girly or "able to put me into lots of pain physically"

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #37 of 75
Ooooh - here's a turn-off: Skinny girls, or hardbodies (six pack? Yuck!). Gimme a little belly fat please. You can have tone under it but in my experience, thin skin has carried over to personality in every case.

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #38 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dislike high maintenance because it can get very expensive way to fast (clothes, makeup, etc.)

I also prefer tasteful (a little here and there) over distasteful makeup (raccoon eyes and caked on elsewhere) and actually prefer nothing at all...

I also prefer brains over no brains all the time... it doesn't matter how good they look if they don't have a brain or almost failed high school they are out of the question...

I prefer the semi tough variety, no tattoos, smoking is unattractive, drinking like crazy is also unattractive but I would rather have semi tough over girly or "able to put me into lots of pain physically"

You are a smart man. Either that or we have the same taste
eggosmile.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #39 of 75
Not to stereotype, but the girl like that I dated for 2 years in college was completely self centered and totally insane. She had to be the center of attention. She was very loud, both loud in how she acted/dressed/portrayed herself and verbally. She wanted everyone to like her... if you didn't like her that was because she didn't like you.

When we first started dating she didn't have many of the traits she somehow picked up... sure she was a little more "exciting" than most of the other girls, which was what I was attracted to, but by about a year after we stopped dating she had a motorcycle, bright yellow pickup truck, a few tattoos (one of which was on her back calf that read "Aint Skeered", she smoked, drank all the time, and was a complete emotional wreck. Her emotional roller coaster made for a horrendous relationship. It takes a toll on everyone around.

I'm not saying every girl that's 'tough' is like this. But some people that need to be 'tough' are doing it for a reason.

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #42 of 75
My girl is tough. Guys don't get away with messing with her at bars or clubs. And she pulls this off in 4" heels while being all of 102 lbs. Toughness isn't just a 'biker chick' image. It's more mental than anything. The right attitude from a pretty woman can hurt a guy in a way that no punch could
wink.gif

As for the butch lesbians *cough* I mean 'tough girls' as you describe them, huge turn off
smily_headphones1.gif

--Illah

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #44 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as was brought up by another, i believe this type of maiden would probably like to honeymoon on the island of lesbos....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbos_Island
that being said i find it interesting that you as a tough lesbian are asking the preferences of males....gender roles being what they are i suspect that most males would want a feminine partner...such as in a lesbos relationship there is the butch/fem?, in gay male relationship there is the top/bottom....ying/yang so to speak...i am no sociologist so this is all layman crap

I don't really consider myself as a tough lesbian though. I actually look like a sweet girl that loves to study, I wear lacy underwear and I get a manicure every week. Sure I carry a gun, have piercings and tats but I think I have a diverse personality. Well rounded
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back