What do guys think about tough girls?
Aug 30, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #16 of 75
I was friends with a woman who liked to dress in all bike leathers, and she has the body of a model (in fact she had done modeling). She was a sweet gal, we made out a few times but we were closer friends.

Anyway, I would say she was "tough", she hung out with bikers (I suppose I did too) and would go riding with them. She took me to all kinds of clubs and bars around Seattle and she knew everyone. I do not remember ever paying for drinks when she was there. She matched me drink for drink, smoke for smoke.

I miss her since she got married and moved away. In fact I think she is in China now.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #17 of 75
I like a girl who isn't afraid to get into the pit at a concert.

I really really dislike very girly girls, especially demanding ones.

I also like ink on girls if its tasteful.(actual pieces and not random crappy tatoos)

But I really dislike drinking/drugs.

Also kind of like them a bit nerdy.

My current GF is great. She is 5'3" maybe 110 pounds and isn't afraid to get into the pit at shows.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #20 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitalbath3737 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious what guys think about dating tough girls. I'm not talking about amazon body building girls. The kind of girls I'm talking about are girls who lift free weights, ride motor cycles, have tatoos and piercings, go to the shooting range and can kick back a have a few shots and beer at the bar. Are these types of girls attractive? Are they dating worthy?

Personally I'm not a fan of tough girls. I prefer girly girls. Just something about a girl I'm dating being able to kick my butt that turns me off. Plus the whole dominance issue. I avoid girls like that like the plague.

as was brought up by another, i believe this type of maiden would probably like to honeymoon on the island of lesbos....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbos_Island
that being said i find it interesting that you as a tough lesbian are asking the preferences of males....gender roles being what they are i suspect that most males would want a feminine partner...such as in a lesbos relationship there is the butch/fem?, in gay male relationship there is the top/bottom....ying/yang so to speak...i am no sociologist so this is all layman crap

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When guy say "she is tough, and i love her toughness", he is not talking about her muscle or appearance. It's mental toughness in her spirit.

Yeah, I see it more as not being afraid to do something physical, and not worried about getting hurt.

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #23 of 75
Not a huge fan of tough girls. But having dated both tough(ish) girls and girly-girls, I prefer the mildly tough. I can't stand high maintenance women.

Tattoos, and or piercings are pretty rad too.

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #24 of 75
I love girls/women, regardless if they are "tough" or girly. As long she is smart, have her own opinions, and are easy going.

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #25 of 75
toughh doesn't always mean butch.. my wife is tough and she's very girly

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #26 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
toughh doesn't always mean butch.. my wife is tough and she's very girly

Bleeding from your crotch every month while showing up to work is hardcore, let alone facing the pain of waxing and walking in high heels.

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #27 of 75
Are these types of girls attractive?
Attractive can come from many ways off a person. their personality and long term goals with their values are something that define if I could live with them everyday of my life. Their sweet side or girly side is nice at the start but it ends after a few months of dating cause you get to see more about the persons weak points and how they act, their issues they carry from their past, and of course how much respect they truly have for themselves which in turn will reflect back the me on how they treat me in the end.

there are many examples you posted that can be at first looked as a personality positive in my eyes.
who lift free weights, means she takes care of herself and we all know when a person who works towards their health automatically will have more self confidence in themselves. this is a very sexy trait at the start..to bad in some relationships the person confidence tends to dwindle.
ride motor cycles or a lady who can/does Drive a Manual gear is hot! again she speaks of having a backbone and independence from the start..
have tattoos and piercings, it depends on her personality that will be seen long term on this. also how many and where are they also matters. Tat's and piercings are in the same stereotype as "judge a book by its cover" way...useless to me..
as far as drinking shots and Beer..well I run a Bar so um..i guess i see that a lot. again its nothing.

the things that matter to me is her personality, respect, honesty, long term goals and values, and of course the connection we make together..

i mean what are you going to judge someone who drinks a beer and rides a bike? like in audio don't judge the product from what your eyes tell you..instead judge them on what your brain and of course heart says.

the only time will i be put off on exterior looks of manners is if she is like 300lbs. sounds wrong but to me someone who weighs that much shows low esteem levels to a point where i can bet she will not respect me or a relationship any better then she does herself. then again i am not saying she has to be skinny neither..just not gigantic..no excuse for letting yourself get that bad..

Aug 30, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #28 of 75
I'm not a huge fan of tough women. I mean, if a girl wants to go to the gym to keep herself in shape, that's one thing. But if she's in the gym throwing around as much weight as I am, that freaks me out. I'm also not a big fan of tattoos. And if a chick drinks more than I do, that's a real turn-off for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back