What do guys think about tough girls?
Aug 30, 2007 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
I'm curious what guys think about dating tough girls. I'm not talking about amazon body building girls. The kind of girls I'm talking about are girls who lift free weights, ride motor cycles, have tatoos and piercings, go to the shooting range and can kick back a have a few shots and beer at the bar. Are these types of girls attractive? Are they dating worthy?

Personally I'm not a fan of tough girls. I prefer girly girls. Just something about a girl I'm dating being able to kick my butt that turns me off. Plus the whole dominance issue. I avoid girls like that like the plague.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 75
i don't care one way or the other. personally, i like tall girls. i'm 6'2" and wouldn't mind dating a girl taller than i.

however, if she is kind, fun, sweet, honest, and sincere, then it don't care about too much else.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 75
Not my type. As a friend though, it would be cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 75
I like a girl who is smart (an absolute must), confident, and emotionally strong. But I'm not really into the whole biker chick thing.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #6 of 75
(gag... barf... puke)

I have a niece who tries to portray that kind of image. Every other word out of her mouth is a whine, bitch, or complaint. She is very depressing. She is a kick boxing instructor. She played guitar for a little while in highschool and I thought this was really good. But the guitar was more-less just a prop, facade, gimick... a tool to portray that kind of image, unfortunately it was not at all a form of expression or musical discipline.

shes very annoying to say the least. As critical listeners, I would hope none of you ever end up dating a person like this.

Toughness is nice.. but only to a certain degree. When it becomes needless whining and negativity, thats when I reach for my headphones.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 75
I like em. They usually have better things to talk about than the girly girls I've met. That said, (in my case) beggars can't be choosers.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 75
Isn't it all relative? There are a thousand reasons you may find someone attractive or not, but if they're "too tough" to you you can date less tough or you can get tougher, right?

Personally, the "toos" (too smart, too tough, too domineering, etc.) I'm intimidated by, but I think that's more about me than them.
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 75
I love tough girls, absolutely love them. (Smoking turns me off though, I don't like how it accelerates aging.)

BTW, I wouldn't consider tattoos and piercings "tough" these days, they're too common. I like them though, don't get me wrong. Scarification is still "tough", but scars are not my thing.

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #10 of 75
I can't say I've dated anyone like that, but I can't imagine it would be all that bad. Here's a few reasons:

1. It would help you shave off that office chair belly so you wouldn't feel like a chump around her
smily_headphones1.gif

2. A good amount of self-confidence comes with the territory.
3. The frilly name-brand clothing/accessories presents fund would be completely cut (although motorcycle leathers ain't cheap either).
4. I'd conjecture that drama-queen aspects would be less likely
5. The Daughtry CDs in the car would be ditched for Iron Maiden (perhaps a mild plus?)

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 75
Too weird, not for me. The girls you describe are usually playing for the wrong team.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #12 of 75
In my experience most of the time you get to know a "tough" girl better it turns out that they're not so tough after all. On the other hand I've met girls that are very feminine in appearance but later turned out to have tatoos, ride bikes, like horror movies and hard rock. The last type is my favourite
smily_headphones1.gif
For long lasting relationships I just like girls that are themselves, I don't care tough or girly.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #13 of 75
Tattoos and drinking are a major turn off. Not too thrilled about the motorcycle or kick butt attitude either, but they aren't a deal breaker. The first two are. Any girl with a kick butt attitude, however, is likely to be in need of a reality check somewhere down the line, and I'm not down with that, so maybe it is a deal breaker.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #14 of 75
I think they may be trying too hard to portray some image.

Aug 30, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #15 of 75
By tough i thought you were saying a girl hard to conquer. I love this girls. The ones that make it looks you're not conquer her but after lots of talking and trying you finally get her. The best felling ever ...
smily_headphones1.gif

About the tough girls you described, their not my favorite type (also prefer girly girls) but they still girls. The most pretty one can be a lot charming. I don't know if i my opinion counts, once i just love girls. No matter which type ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back