What did I just buy? 6DJ8/6AS7 Headphone amp on ebay...
May 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #77 of 96
wow
I just reported the item too, explaining in the short number of allowed characters that I just returned the item due to it's dangerous nature, not because I "burned my hand on the tube".
What I piece of work.

May 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #78 of 96
Hi,

I've been following your "adventure" from the beginning, and it's hard to believe that this guy may still sell his product. Just by the language he's using, I can't see anyone wanting to do business with him. Obviously, the way he writes English tends to show it's not his mother tongue. I am a francophone, and I'd be shy to write like this.....If you don't know....ask !!!!!

Anyway, not only I am glad you recovered your money, but also that you let the community here know about him....

Denys 

May 27, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #79 of 96

Simply amazing. I hope this guy loses his ebay account. I edited the F words

[size=22pt][size=20pt]"And, its relist item, one screw**g guy bought my item and he touch the tube and burn his hand, and leavel a negative to me. its screw**g kidding, any body know the tube was screw**g hot, and the 6AS7 power tube was 3A hi current on the filament, it must hot, so, I will warning any one if new for tube amplifier, don't touch the tube."[/size][/size]

May 28, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #80 of 96
eek.gif

He wants an "honest buyer only" ? LOL !!!

He should slap a "Made in Afghanistan" label on the back.
bigsmile_face.gif

Peete

PS: I also reported this item as dangerous.

May 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #81 of 96
Peete, that's funny! I might save this guy in my favorite seller's list just to have a laugh every once in a while. lol!

May 28, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #82 of 96
This has been a fascinating saga to take in over the past 15 minutes. as the victim of ebay fraud in the past i can relate and would love to see this piece of work thrown off the site. will be filing a complaint myself for the use of such language has affronted my delicate sensibilities. And i love that this story has a happy ending. cheers boys!!!

May 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #84 of 96
That auction is the only thing today that has made me laugh.

May 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #86 of 96
I love the statement in the auction

"comes from smoke free home of an avid audio enthusiast"

I wonder if he can assure potential purchasers that their homes will continue to be smoke free if they buy the amp? - Based on this thread I doubt it somehow!!

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #88 of 96
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #89 of 96
The wiring does look a bit better, but the whole package still looks very amateurish.  The woodwork is horrible. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back