What DAP/PMP has most disappointed you?
Mar 2, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #20 of 90
d2 is very disappointed. robotic sound.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #21 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Man of Genius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPods w/ the exception of the 1G shuffle and iTouch.
iTunes is horrible, IMO.

iTunes is great, IMO. Haven't truly tried out Songbird, though.

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 90
Another one for the Cowon D2 I'm afraid. Strangely flat, uninvolving sound no matter how much you twiddle with the settings. Then again, I'm spoiled by MiniDisc...

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #23 of 90
My brand new D2,sorry to say
frown.gif

dont mind the UI dont mind the screen or tactile buttons.

Its the damn firmware..! tried 2.57 and 2.59 and 3.57 all of them act the same
frown.gif

has something to do whit the SD card I think,everytime I change something on it the D2 shows everything as "unknown"

re instaling the firmware a couple of times has helped,but its such a hassle
frown.gif

an the other hand I love the D2,it sound much better then anything i owned before.
exept for mabye a minidisc way back.
and the screen is good enough for standup and cartoons :p

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 90
The latest one would be the 3G shuffle. Bought it thinking it would finally sport gapless playback (I could deal with it having no buttons), but alas it does not. Returned it. I consider any devices calling themselves a music player to be defective if they cannot even play music as intended by the artist.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 90
My Gigabeat S is probably my biggest disappointment, ever. Cosmetically, it's an improvement over my Gigabeat F - smaller size, larger screen, better controls. And it easily takes a 120GB mod and even has a Rockbox port. It was supposed to replace my F as my "big" player.

But the SQ is a terrible disappointment, both the OF and Rockbox. Given that the chipset is similar to the F, I have to assume it has to do with the headphone out, and there's no LOD that exists to bypass it. So - it sits on a shelf, while the Gigabeat F still chugs along....

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #26 of 90
I haven't been disappointed with any, I had a Sony NWA-805 or something, and was completely happy with it other than it being only 2gb. Then it got stolen.

Now I got an 8gb Touch because I had a $200 gift card to spend at Best Buy, I like the extra features. The sound quality on both seemed decent.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #27 of 90
ipod nano 4G,liked how thin/small it was but doesn't compare to my old ipod 5.5G or my zunes/clip.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #29 of 90
I did a lot of research when I got the X5, and I loved it. I was annoyed only by the subpack...

The got the D2 and the jury is still out as to whether the sound is a disappointment. It feels less involving than the X5 but it could be me... I've asked my brother to give me my X5 back so I'll compare again... But it works way better with my UM2 than with the E3C, with which it sounds, well, painfully metallic. Oh, and yes, the plastic casing was disappointing coming from the alu chassis from the X5.

The UI, the screen size, none of this matter since I use it exclusively to listen to music. Needless to say, the fact that you can now use Rockbox on it is a bonus! Gapless yeah...

This said, this is a minor disappointment as I know - for having an iphone - how bad I could have it.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #30 of 90
I was disappointed with the Cowon D2. Ok, it has alot of cool features on it like the ability to record DAB radio and record through mic but the SQ really disappointed me. Only the EQ, BBE and 3D stereo functions only very slightly improved the SQ but only in a muddy and artificial sounding way. I was also disappointed with the iAudio i5 which shares the same lifeless, muddy and artificial SQ.

I was very surprised that my iPod Touch has quite good SQ considering it coming from Apple (even though Apple make fantastic computers and software) but I don't like the preset EQ. I like to be in control of my SQ through custom adjustable EQ.

Art

Users who are viewing this thread

Back