What DAP/PMP has most disappointed you?
Jul 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #61 of 90
The Creative Zen X-FI 32gb was the most disappointing player I've owned because of the sound quality and the Stababilty issues. Plus it was the first player I've returned for a refund due to those problems because usually I'll just hold on to a player no matter what. But it cost to much to have all those unresolved issues. I'm thinking about getting a Cowon S9 instead of the iPod. Hopefully I wont be dissappointed.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #62 of 90
Sony S639 - way more mediocre sound quality than I was expecting

over-picky with video formats

grainy screen (IMO)

even with EQ to flat - I found the bass really over-bearing with my PX100s (don't hav ethe same problem with the Touch) - tested in a shop a X series the other day and didn't seem to suffer from the bass bloat

Jul 28, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #64 of 90
Hmmm,

Cowon Q5W - Hot, big, delicate, noisy backlight, oh and it was 600$ when I got it. I still loved it when it worked though, because that screen was awesome for watching stuff during class. I probably should have gotten then A3 instead, more codecs and smaller.

Cowon 7 - The only real problem I had with this was that uber senitive button crap it had going on, until I broke it. It's a bit easy to break, but I like tough stuff.

Cowon U5 - Only complaint I can find about this is it's not gapless. Other than that it works fantastic. I'd gotten use to the gaps anyway.

Sansa Fuze - Stock firmware. In the half day or so that I used it it crashed twice and was just generally a low POS. Put rockbox on and haven't had a problem since I turned replay gain off.
biggrin.gif

Mainly just little complaints about the PMPs I've owned. I've used other people's cheap generic ones and those have more problems than you can shake a stick at. The only MP3 player I've owned that I didn't list? The late cowon U2. That thing was perfect in every way, except maybe storage space.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #65 of 90
I like my X5, but then again, I've never changed the operating system on it. Frankly, I think the stock one is good enough and since it's already compatible with everything, I refuse to take the chance and change it.

The biggest disappointment I've ever had was my dad's Creative Zen Vision:M. After reading a favorable review here, I loaded some music onto it and was baffled by how lifeless the sound was, even after switching off all the EQ's.

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #66 of 90
Ipod nano (1st gen) 2GB

1. EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ
2. Can't transfer music without iTunes

I like everything else about it. The slimness, aesthetics and user interface

Jul 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #67 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromacro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod nano (1st gen) 2GB

1. EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ EQ
2. Can't transfer music without iTunes

I like everything else about it. The slimness, aesthetics and user interface

iTunes is by far the simplest music library management tool available.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #68 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd agree, but I only really liked it on OS X. I'd rank it tops, with Amarok for Linux in 2nd and iTunes for Windows 3rd. Nowadays you can use other players to load all iPods except the touch and iPhones.

Jul 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #69 of 90
Donno about you guys but I really prefer loading stuff by file rather then with a player.

I hate MTP with a passion, every time I see a player that uses it I have the urge to smash it to itty bitty little bits.
angry_face.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #70 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Donno about you guys but I really prefer loading stuff by file rather then with a player.

I hate MTP with a passion, every time I see a player that uses it I have the urge to smash it to itty bitty little bits.
angry_face.gif

I sorta feel that way about MTP too, but wmp11 on windows machines and gphotofs on linux machines almost eliminates the issue.

Edit: oh, and if you're upset with the functionality of your nano 1g, rockbox it. then you'll have your eq and your drag-n-drop audio loading.

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #71 of 90
My revised "irritation about my DAPS"

iriver Lplayer
-extremely laggy in between songs, far from being glapless
-SQ is disappointing to say the least
-Can't transfer music/video without their iriver music management program.

Ipod Nano (1st gen)
-SQ SQ SQ
-EQ
-Battery life (about 5-7 hours) is unacceptable
-While I like itunes, one can't transfer songs without itunes (not that I hate it, why can't i plug and transfer? Not to mention it takes up a whole lot of system memory)
-no Radio (important to me)

Cowon S9
-At default settings, user interface is nowhere near of an iTouch (Must use Claw UI. At least for me)

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #72 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If by simple you mean that it forces you to use it as your music library before you can even transfer music to an iPod, freezes constantly during use unlike any other big name application I have ever seen on PC, easily takes 10 times the length of time to transfer music as drag and drop would, and is general only really optimised towards getting you to buy music over its online shop, then yes I agree completely.

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #73 of 90
x2 on all you say about D2

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMPNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cowon D2 has been my biggest disappointment for quite a few reasons.

-Extremely steep learning curve. It took me quite a bit of time to become proficient with the...

-Unintuitive, hassle-filled UI.

-Cold, analytical sound.

-Bloated with mediocre functions. A dictionary, calculators, hiss-including voice recorder, and much more that could have been put aside for more important features like gapless.

Jul 29, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #74 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If by simple you mean that it forces you to use it as your music library before you can even transfer music to an iPod, freezes constantly during use unlike any other big name application I have ever seen on PC, easily takes 10 times the length of time to transfer music as drag and drop would, and is general only really optimised towards getting you to buy music over its online shop, then yes I agree completely.

I don't know how you are using iTunes but as far as I can tell, it is 1000 times FASTER to get an album onto a DAP through iTunes than it is through windows explorer. In fact, I've had enough of this...wait there...

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #75 of 90
creative zen - my first mp3 player.

i was pretty happy with it until i heard others. i was given a creative aurvana as a free gift, i should have sold it away before using it. my first expensive iem (free though) which later cause damnation to my wallet ever since i across this blazing hell forum after a search of armature drivers.

thanks headfi and sorry wallet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back