what cd-player are you using?
Dec 30, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #16 of 62
I'm currently using an old Arcam 8 player, but it's just not very exciting to listen to. A used Meridian G08 is being shipped to me as I type this.

recstar....I heard the G07 and I though it was a great sounding component. That headamp sitting on top of your G07 looks a tad diminutive in comparison, heh heh.

Dec 30, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Mine is quite heavily modified by Dan Wright of Modwright. It uses two power cords - one for the main unit, another going to the separate power supply for the new tubed analog output section (not shown in the stock photo). I absolutely love it.

I also have this unit modified by Dan Wright and I absolutly love it.

999es_1.jpg

999es_2.jpg

999es_3.jpg

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch
I'm currently using an old Arcam 8 player, but it's just not very exciting to listen to. A used Meridian G08 is being shipped to me as I type this.

recstar....I heard the G07 and I though it was a great sounding component. That headamp sitting on top of your G07 looks a tad diminutive in comparison, heh heh.

Congrats on the G08! I find it as a great improvement over the G07, good call - that's saying a lot too since the G07 aint no pushover either.

THe hornet may be small, but its sound sure is not
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #21 of 62
Damn,after seeing all of these great cd players I don't even want to talk about my old low cost Sony!
rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #22 of 62
Meridian G08 for redbook and Sony SCD-c333es for SACD for both headphone and 2-channel speaker system. Denon 3910 in the multichannel rig.

The Meridian and a Sony SCD-c555es convinced me I didn't need anything better for SACD playback. Since I am not buying any more SACD's, unless they are hybrid discs, I'll also probably eventually get rid of the Sony.

Dec 31, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
dvpns999es.jpg

Nice box, Jimmy.

I have seen many "in the know" articles and posts proclaiming that professionial modding is where it's at for best sq overall, not just sq for the buck.

Glad to see it worked out that way for you.

Dec 31, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_D
Right now I am using a heavily tweaked Eastsound CD-E5, Heavily tweaked Pioneer DV-563A and a new heavily tweaked Sony DVP-NS9100ES for all my systems.

Tweaks! We don' need no stinkin tweaks!
tongue.gif

No, really, what tweaks?

Dec 31, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #30 of 62
In my computer room, I use a Rotel CD-1072 paired with a Sound Quest SQ-84 integrated tube amp as a separate 2-channel system. The SQ-84 also has a headphone output, but I haven't used it yet - just received the amp and set it up on Friday, and have only used it with speakers thus far.
smily_headphones1.gif
The Rotel can be used with HDCDs, but I don't have any software yet so just use it for redbook CDs. My computer set up is a BenQ DW1220 CD/DVD player/recorder, used with a SinglePower PPX3 headphone amp (no speakers.) My main 2-channel "home rig" contains an Audio aero Prima CD-player - again, redbook only. I will be using this with speakers for the most part, but also have a SinglePower MPX3 headphone amp for use with this system.

I also just purchased a Denon 3910 DVD/SACD/DVD-A player for my HT set up. I haven't used it for SACDs yet because I am waiting to receive my headphile ICs - this will be my first venture into the SACD world.

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back