What case do you guys use to carry your IEMs and your mp3 player?
Jan 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #32 of 47
An old Minolta pleather camera case -- Fuze and T4 charge cables go in a drawstring bag, and my HF5 goes in another drawstring bag.

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #33 of 47
a camcorder bag for my hm-801 and the normal sm3 case

Jan 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #34 of 47
I use the EarSonics case that came with my SM3's for the IEM's + extra tips, but I use a Sleek video case from Acme Made SF for my J3 and Arrow amp.  It's pretty much perfect, in that it is low-profile, fits the hardware and my Whiplash TWag mini to mini (I opted for the awesome Oyaide right angle connectors, and they are a little bulky compared to other right angles) exactly, and has hard sides with minimal but effective padding.  The dual zips are nice too, since I can get to the buttons on either side of the player or leave a tiny opening for the cable without needing to take the player out.  The zips open all the way around, but there's fabric "hinges" on either side so the case doesn't open fully and allow the player to fall out.  Fully closed it is hardly larger than the player + amp itself, and fits easily in a front pocket.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #35 of 47
I have the same exact case from China on EBay. 

Problem for me is that I can't put both the clip+ and my IEM without squeezing the memory foam on the IEM... it's just too tight. I wish it was a bit bigger but oh well, the whole thing including shipping ran me less than 1.50$ CAN 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
For those of you with an Sansa Clip/Clip+, I discovered I could carry that and my IEMs (Xears TD100-II, so think "not the biggest housing, but not really small either") in a cheap EVA earphone case found on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130453274484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4442wt_907

Took some time to get it (ordered on Dec 18th, go it around Jan 17th, but I think it was already in the office mailbox the week prior), but you can't beat the price.

I can even fit the Sansa mini USB short cable in there if I really want to!

Don't have it with me right now to take a picture, but you can take the clip and put it in the area with netting, and roll the IEM cables and put it in the other area.  Very convenient.  There's variants with a carabiner on ebay as well.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #36 of 47
May not be much help but I use an altoids tin that I lined with foam for my IEMs (my avitar is the cover of the tin) but my source is an Iphone 4 in an otterbox defender case. You don't really list yor source though.  TAD gear (one of the coolest stores on the planet) has a variety of pouches. They sell only top quality gear most of which is made in USA.

http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Pouches

The RP1 pouch looks very promising for your application and it is foam padded 
http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Pouches/RP1-Pouch

The GPP2 is bigger at about 6"x 6" 
http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/Equipment/Pouches/GPP2-Pouch

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #37 of 47

This is actually a USB drive case.........it has 6 pockets total on the inside.  I dont use the pockets..........but, my IEMS and my Sony fit perfectly.  The best part?  The case is $4 at Walmart. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #38 of 47

Quote:

This is actually a USB drive case.........it has 6 pockets total on the inside.  I dont use the pockets..........but, my IEMS and my Sony fit perfectly.  The best part?  The case is $4 at Walmart. 

I bought this same exact case from Walmart for my Cowon D2+ & earphones just like you but finally after getting the tunebelt i use it for usb drives.

Jan 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #39 of 47

Quote:
Quote:

I bought this same exact case from Walmart for my Cowon D2+ & earphones just like you but finally after getting the tunebelt i use it for usb drives.

...............pretty cool and cheap find I think. 

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #42 of 47
I use various soft camera bags and the original soft cases. Since I've added even more to my collection that I use at work I decided to invest in some better protection for 4 DAPs, 2 IEMS, and 2 clip-ons, and the star of the show, Pico Slim.

I ordered the Otterbox 3500.

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #44 of 47
I think I actually have a semi hard case like that somewhere.  I bought it when I bought my MiniDisc player back in the day.  Hey Wait a minute! I still have a MiniDisc player somewhere! 

Quote:
I use the EarSonics case that came with my SM3's for the IEM's + extra tips, but I use a Sleek video case from Acme Made SF for my J3 and Arrow amp.  It's pretty much perfect, in that it is low-profile, fits the hardware and my Whiplash TWag mini to mini (I opted for the awesome Oyaide right angle connectors, and they are a little bulky compared to other right angles) exactly, and has hard sides with minimal but effective padding.  The dual zips are nice too, since I can get to the buttons on either side of the player or leave a tiny opening for the cable without needing to take the player out.  The zips open all the way around, but there's fabric "hinges" on either side so the case doesn't open fully and allow the player to fall out.  Fully closed it is hardly larger than the player + amp itself, and fits easily in a front pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back