What car would the K701 be?
Apr 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #16 of 58
For the K701, I think more in terms of toilet bowls than cars.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #17 of 58
Hyundai Elantra.
Performs way above its price point.

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #19 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hyundai Elantra.
Performs way above its price point.

lol. my first car was a 1986 hyundai excel. i might have to disagree with u on your "performs way above its price point".
id say... if horsepower was compared to sound quality, the k701 would be about the level of the newer altima. it has some power, some looks but in the end, its missing a whole lot of what the big boys have.
k701 = thin and blah to me. many disagree.

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #20 of 58
Never heard, but I have much faith in what Acix says since everything he has said about headphones I tried matches my own experience. But my guess is that K701 drives like a racing car, and consumers buy them to drive on the street and wonder why they don't have all the amenities of luxury consumer cars AND WHY AM I FEELING ALL THE BUMPS ON THE ROAD?!?

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #21 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the K701, I think more in terms of toilet bowls than cars.

k701smile.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #24 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard, but I have much faith in what Acix says since everything he has said about headphones I tried matches my own experience. But my guess is that K701 drives like a racing car, and consumers buy them to drive on the street and wonder why they don't have all the amenities of luxury consumer cars AND WHY AM I FEELING ALL THE BUMPS ON THE ROAD?!?

Even the ones that aren't there
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #25 of 58
Audi S4... world calss performance with a realistic price. Perfect... no, but darn close.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #27 of 58
Wow! You can just feel the love. LoL. I think most of the 70x hate is because if you don't hate the 70x you're not Head-Fi 'cool'. It's very hipster to dislike the 70x. Since I've always been a contrarian and never cared what others thought, I disagree with all the negativity. So my car is the Alfa Romeo Spider.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #28 of 58
One of those hybrids which the engine is high pitched with no type of sexy rumble to the exhaust.

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #30 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. my first car was a 1986 hyundai excel.

Me too. Hatchback sedan, all the amenities. After I crashed it my dad and I did repairs (replace front/right side panel + straighten out the front end by pulling on it with a truck) at a cost of $36. I sort of miss that car, but it was more low-end Sony than anything AKG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back