What car would the K701 be?
Apr 4, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #46 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard, but I have much faith in what Acix says since everything he has said about headphones I tried matches my own experience. But my guess is that K701 drives like a racing car, and consumers buy them to drive on the street and wonder why they don't have all the amenities of luxury consumer cars AND WHY AM I FEELING ALL THE BUMPS ON THE ROAD?!?

I agree, I see the k701 as a Lotus. It does its job well, but it doesn't try to please everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969
Wow! You can just feel the love. LoL. I think most of the 70x hate is because if you don't hate the 70x you're not Head-Fi 'cool'. It's very hipster to dislike the 70x. Since I've always been a contrarian and never cared what others thought, I disagree with all the negativity. So my car is the Alfa Romeo Spider.

Agreed on all counts. Just like iPod hating, k701 hating is super cool on head-fi...

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #47 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, Team Mid-Fi?

Man, this hobby sucks. You're a snob and a prick for buying HD800s and T1s and O2s, and a hipster for sticking with the KSC75s and SR60is and HD555s.

Eh, we just like to hate on noobs that buy top'o'the'lines because while us folks in Team Mid-Fi are really jealous and can't break into that price point, they're sitting there listening to their HD800s out of an iPod Nano. And if you're a really experienced dude who has them, you've been freed from Upgraditis and we're jealous of that. Lots and lots of jealousy...

Apr 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #48 of 58
The Ford Taurus. Reliable and can be bought inexpensively on the used market, but ultimatetly underwhelming relative to similarly-priced competition from Nissan and Honda.

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Come on mate! The T1 was last month. Lmao. The HE-5LE is the next 'best ever' FOTM.
biggrin.gif

Wow I didn't even know these existed lol. I'm expecting to see more HE-5s listed in the Sales Forum
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! You can just feel the love. LoL. I think most of the 70x hate is because if you don't hate the 70x you're not Head-Fi 'cool'. It's very hipster to dislike the 70x. Since I've always been a contrarian and never cared what others thought, I disagree with all the negativity. So my car is the Alfa Romeo Spider.

dude, listen to yourself: you are making K70x more a religon than a hobby, hence lost all your objectivity. Seems to me it doesn't matter how K70x sound, you will love them anyway, because you perceive there is a conspiracy against them here on head-fi.

K701 was the very fist headphone I bought since I discovered head-fi in 2007, based on rave reviews here at that time. But man I was disappointed by the sound comparing AD2000 and HD650 came right afer. I have since owned almost all highend cans but K701 gave me the worst impression -- it sounds unbelievably 'plastic' and bland, ridiculous bad headphone especially as top of the line from a big manufacturer.

K701 -- pinto

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #51 of 58
Some loves it some hates it..

a_beetle_ruya_oto_800.jpg

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I didn't even know these existed lol. I'm expecting to see more HE-5s listed in the Sales Forum
tongue.gif

LoL When's the last time you checked the sales forum? The 'old' HE-5 is flying off the shelves. Lmao

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #53 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, listen to yourself: you are making K70x more a religon than a hobby, hence lost all your objectivity. Seems to me it doesn't matter how K70x sound, you will love them anyway, because you perceive there is a conspiracy against them here on head-fi.

K701 was the very fist headphone I bought since I discovered head-fi in 2007, based on rave reviews here at that time. But man I was disappointed by the sound comparing AD2000 and HD650 came right afer. I have since owned almost all highend cans but K701 gave me the worst impression -- it sounds unbelievably 'plastic' and bland, ridiculous bad headphone especially as top of the line from a big manufacturer.

K701 -- pinto

Dude! You might want to read through my posts on Head-Fi before you make that assertion. I'm fairly balanced. Just because it's not 'cool' to like the 70x and I do does not mean I've lost my objectivity. I've listened to and enjoyed different headphones with different amps and different sources and, for now, the 70x is my top choice.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #54 of 58
from what i read (haven't heard them), they're like the Audi R8.

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #55 of 58
3270763934_0ae0b188a6.jpg

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #56 of 58
I heard the K701s at a meet a few years ago before settling on the purchase of my first "high-end" headphone. I walked up to the AKG table and listened to a couple of songs and the K701s just didn't grab me, even though everyone on Head-fi seemed to be frothing about this new flagship headphone. I had just left the Ultrasone table, a brand that is often maligned here, and thought their better headphones -- the 750s (?) -- sounded better than expected and better than the K701s. I was blown away by the HD650s, which sounded much better to me than the K701s.

I have no axe to grind. I am glad there are people who like the K701 above anything else they have heard. It means at a minimum that AKG will remain in business. AKG is a company that has produced some really excellent headphones in the past -- the K340 and the K1000. I even find my relatively inexpensive K271s to offer a better high end frequency response than my HD650s. That said, I wish AKG would go back to the design shop and come up with a new flagship headphone that addresses some of the K701s weaknesses, including sibilance and attenuated bass. I would buy such a headphone because I know what AKG is capable of as a company.

Apr 4, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #58 of 58
THE-DARK-KNIGHT-La-batmobile.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back