What car would the K701 be?
Apr 3, 2010 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Anthony1

Member of Trade: room40audio
Ok

So Im a relative noob to this forum and have been doing a fair bit of research for 6 - 12 months trying to pitch my first entry into the head-fi world. I have decided on the K701s and have bought some and they are in transit as we speak.

Im looking at amps and DACs as well.

However its really apparent that the K701s are really polarizing in head-fi'ers opinions. So many people are devout faithful and so many dont like them.

If they were a car would they be a volvo? Safe, bland, over marketed and also have a low re-purchase rate?

Or are they mercedes, BMWs or possible VWs or maybe even the Russian Skoda
dt880smile.png

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 58
It would be a Magic School Bus.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 58
Gotta be one of those claustrophobic one-person smart cars. Able to zip from place to place (wide soundstage), and although it looks different from many other cars out there, even by itself it seems a bit...hazardous (plastic-like treble, airy mids, relatively no solid bass to speak of).

And can you imagine it going head-on with other headphones? It won't be able to survive most impacts!
wink.gif

(Dang, anybody want to lend me their flamesuit?)

Apr 3, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 58
A Think.
wink.gif

* Mostly plastic.
* Slow performer.
* Low price to performance ratio.
* Run on electricity.
* Not all that solid made.
* Made in Europe.

think_car.jpg

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #7 of 58
A Mini Cooper.
  1. All the college/uni kids want one.
  2. Some think they are a serious sports car and can compete with Lambos on a slow speed track.
  3. Their eccentric look is cute to some, ugly to others.
  4. Bruno would have liked the smooth rounded edges.
  5. You want to just drive to the shops but the car is so fun it wants to take you 5kms to 4 stores, using a different route to show you how clever it is.

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 58
A broken mitsubishi lancer....

Relatively fast,unstable on ground(weird sound and soundstage),bad motor sound(thin mids) and metallic sound when braking(fatiguing metallic,artificial treble)....and many more but I can't think of anything right now,I want to sleep now..

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 58
This is actually a good thread. You can get a really good idea of what people think of the headphone from the car they suggest. Well maybe mine might throw you off.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back