What book are you reading right now?
Jun 6, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,997 of 5,346

Quote:
^Ha!

Annie isn't just hitting a "Tina Fey chord" but something deeper and "believable".

After I have read and digested it, I may comment further...or simply vanish.

Yep, it was a good read, but I felt I was left hanging.  It did fill in a lot of blank spots for me from the late '50's through the late '60's.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #1,998 of 5,346
Jun 6, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #1,999 of 5,346

Quote:
I like him.  He's the modern day Don Herbert.

I like his TV shows very much. This was the first book I read from him and I definitely enjoyed it a lot: casual, friendly writing style, not rigid and severe or, at the other extreme, childish. I'm now looking forward to reading 'Hyperspace' :)

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #2,004 of 5,346
catinthehat.jpg

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #2,009 of 5,346
I'm not (or at least haven't been) a big reader of books. I have liked the idea of reading books for a few years but could never find the time, or to be more exact, the motivation, to read books on a regular basis. I've started building up a small select collection of E-books, of which I've started to read.

One of the most recent and one of the first books in a while is "This is a book" by Demetri Martin. I read this one on and off at lunch breaks, just for a few laughs, as you would being written by a comedian.

The last (actual?) book I've read is Kathy Reichs first novel in a series of around thirteen so far if I'm not mistaken, called "Deja Dead". I'm a big fan of the TV series "Bones" and thought it would be interested reading Kathy's novels since Bones is roughly based on the life of Kathy and her novels. It was a great read I thought. Detailed but not confusing, interesting and educational, quite haunting/scary at times. Pretty decent for a first novel I thought, although, I'm no critic, nor do I wish to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back