What book are you reading right now?
Jun 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #2,011 of 5,353
halo_contact_harvest_cover.jpg

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #2,012 of 5,353
“Triumph of Politics Over Economics”

David Stockman
(President Ronald Reagan’s director of the Office of Management and Budget)

We see America at a crossroads, struggling to redefine itself. Politicians have become the new economists. Politicians and their big money backers and lobbyists now rule the American economy like banana-republic dictators. Stockman calls this corrupt system the new “crony capitalism.” The old capitalist economics that made America the world’s greatest superpower no longer exist.

Today, professional economists are no more than hired guns for politicians with myopic ideologies and huge bankrolls that make it easy to justify lying, cheating and stealing from investors, workers, consumers, savers and taxpayers. Capitalism has morphed into a monopoly ruled by politicians who are serving a wealthy elite. Competition is a joke. Democracy is a farce. “We the People” no longer exists.

/ For further readings from the author :
“My G.O.P. destroyed the U.S. economy.” Yes, that is exactly what David Stockman, President Ronald Reagan’s director of the Office of Management and Budget, wrote in a New York Times op-ed piece.
Not “is destroying,” the GOP has “destroyed” the U.S. economy, setting up an “American Apocalypse.” And it’s getting worse.

Boy, is he gonna get "IT" ; Wait till the Dons Mob gets through making an example of him, for this ~

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #2,015 of 5,353
...so good you have to read it twice? :p

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #2,020 of 5,353
Good good, I'll put it on my list and possibly get around to it in the near future... unless it's too late:

Apparently Steven Spielberg is making a film based on the book due for release in 2013 - IMDB

[Also got Alan Parson's - I, Robot playing in the background lol]

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #2,024 of 5,353
Robopocalypse was pretty good.

Also recently read:

Now onto this:

I think I've read more books in the past week than I have previously in my lifetime. Time to by an eReader... shame they don't sell the Nook Lite in the UK, it's the only one I like other than the Sony which is pretty expensive for what it is.

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #2,025 of 5,353
Now I am sloughing through this while simultaneously cramming for exams (which take priority, sadly)

Am going to read catch 22 and the silmarillion after I'm done with that, and then I will attempt:

This epic. Wish me luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back