What book are you reading right now?
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,516 of 5,345
Because it's the summer, I like to read a bit for pleasure.  I have a Law & Lit class in the fall, so I'm going to start into that list soon enough.  However, what I'm reading now...

David Leadbetter - 100% Golf
Arthur C. Clarke - Rendezvous with Rama
Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Complete Anthology)

The first book is a GREAT instructional book for any level golfer.  The second is great sci-fi, and the third is good sci-fi and great comedy, except it really tails off after the first/namesake book IMHO.

At school I usually read a bunch of law/econ books, so this is my way to have fun :).

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #1,520 of 5,345
I just finished I, Claudius.  I liked it.  I'm not inspired to read the follow-up yet, but I'm interested in reading it at some point.  Right now, I've just started on American Tragedy.  I've only read a couple of pages though, so I have no judgment as of now.

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #1,521 of 5,345
one of the best novels i have ever read,simply stunning.i finished it last week.

if you want to read a more Heart-Breaking novel,read the KITE Runner by the same authour.another masterpiece of his.

Better yet,if you have audible account,the Kite Runner is a MUST listen for this type of stories.the narrator is also Khaled Hosseni.

right now i am reading Survivors Club by another excellent Writer Lisa Gardner.

Jul 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #1,523 of 5,345
The Kaisho by Eric Von Lustbader,, another Nicholas Linnear novel.

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,524 of 5,345

New York Bar Review 

Sigh.... 

Wish me luck!

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #1,525 of 5,345
Essay on Man by Alexander Pope

Gotta love Eighteenth Century Restoration Lit class.

Cheers,
Zach

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #1,526 of 5,345

Quote:
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

An excellent book, do you like it?

I'm 300 pages into An American Tragedy.  I like it very much, but I'm feeling a bit burnt out.  I usually don't read this fast (I've been reading it for like 4-5 days now).  I appreciate that the writing isn't hard to read and comprehend.  Otherwise, ~850 pages would be torture.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #1,527 of 5,345
Just finished every book that Christopher Moore (NOT Christopher G. Moore).  Absolutely hilarious author, loved pretty much everything he wrote with the best being Fool, Lamb and Bite Me (this one is the third in a series, first two also recommended).

Now reading Raymond Khoury's "The Sign".  I enjoyed "The Last Templar" though would have loved if the book ended without the last chapter, believe me, you'd be happier reading it and stopping there.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #1,528 of 5,345

Quote:
Just finished every book that Christopher Moore (NOT Christopher G. Moore).  Absolutely hilarious author, loved pretty much everything he wrote with the best being Fool, Lamb and Bite Me (this one is the third in a series, first two also recommended).

I actually just fell upon a great deal off the fancy pants version of Lamb the other day. About a quarter way in and I rather like it! Good to hear that the rest of works are enjoyable as I figure I'll probably try to snag a few more of his titles after I'm finished.

I also just picked up a copy of The Passage by Justin Cronin, haven't started it yet, but I had a good recommendation and internet reviews sound promising.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,530 of 5,345

Quote:
Lost Symbol Dan Brown thriller was great. Finished it and now will start The Last Stand about Custer and then the Roger Maris Story.

Great book (Lost Symbol) Frank. I loved it cover to cover.

I'm currently reading some non-fiction, "The Secret Mulroney Tapes" by Peter C. Newman. Great read if you're a Canadian political junkie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back