What book are you reading right now?
Apr 26, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #991 of 5,357
6a00d41423c29b3c7f00f48cfb85ca0001-500pi

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #995 of 5,357
I dont think im allowed to mention this book on this forum, but its comprised of a series of 66 books(depending), and part 2 was written 2000 years ago, and part one may have been written 4 or 5000 years ago or so, and theyre still finding early copies in caves preserved in clay jars. Finding some interesting parallels to compare.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #996 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think im allowed to mention this book on this forum, but its comprised of a series of 66 books(depending), and part 2 was written 2000 years ago, and part one may have been written 4 or 5000 years ago or so, and theyre still finding early copies in caves preserved in clay jars. Finding some interesting parallels to compare.

I think I know which it is! Nothing wrong with mentioning it, I should think. In this spirit I'd like to add that I'm reading Al Quaran.

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #997 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I know which it is! Nothing wrong with mentioning it, I should think. In this spirit I'd like to add that I'm reading Al Quaran.

I know that...lol. I was being funny.

I didnt know you followed that book. Your signature is taken from another book by Anton Sandor Levey.

I also have that and the Qua'ran,Koran, or whichever spelling you prefer. I think Turkish spell it Korun or something.

Ok on with the books!

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #998 of 5,357
I just finished reading the fifth book of "The House Of Night" series. My friends mother keeps buying me books and I would feel bad not to read them all because she keeps asking me if I like them. But anyway, it's not a bad series. Not usually my type of read but I'm enjoying them. =)

-Chris-

Apr 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #999 of 5,357
Sometimes you need someone to get you started on a new book, even though its not your usual type.

When i was young, someone got me a "Hardy Boys " Mystery series book.
After reading the first one, i went to the library and borrowed more to read, and eventually read all they had.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #1,000 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that...lol. I was being funny.

I didnt know you followed that book. Your signature is taken from another book by Anton Sandor Levey.

I also have that and the Qua'ran,Koran, or whichever spelling you prefer. I think Turkish spell it Korun or something.

Ok on with the books!

Ah, ok, thought you might just were very precautious. Got me fooled!
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm not religious in any way, and don't follow any book in particular (except Hitchhiker's
wink_face.gif
), but I find religious beliefs fascinating, and therefor read a bit about it. Plus, with people from all over the world, with all kind of cultures and beliefs, moving around all over the world, I find it rather wise not to be completely ignorant.

The quote in my sig. is what often is considered to be the two central sentences of The Book of the Law. It's the central sacred text of Thelema, written by Aleister Crowley, whose books I very much enjoy.
It has nothing at all to do with the Church of Satan, LaVey was little more than a common plagiarist, with a huge ego.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #1,001 of 5,357
Seems that this thread has become infected with spiritual readers.
smile.gif

Just finished From Hell by Alan Moore and I am now reading Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now. I hope to follow this up with a series of N.T. Wright stuff on various aspects of the unmentionable 66 books referenced above.

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #1,002 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems that this thread has become infected with spiritual readers.
smile.gif

Just finished From Hell by Alan Moore and I am now reading Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now. I hope to follow this up with a series of N.T. Wright stuff on various aspects of the unmentionable 66 books referenced above.

Hey, i mentioned reading the "Hardy Boys" series as a kid, and thats not religious.....although i read them religiously for about 2 years...lol.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #1,003 of 5,357
Not reading any book right now.. But I will get the book called "Donnie Brasco" after watching the movie of the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back