What book are you reading right now?
Apr 21, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #976 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
liberal-fascism.jpg

That one looks awesome!

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #977 of 5,357
So far so good. Almost as good as Revelation Space, but I'm not done reading it yet.

ag2.jpg

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #979 of 5,357
"The Power of Now" - Eckhart Tolle

Apr 22, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #983 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That one looks awesome!

Yea it is a great read and well documented, you also get to have a great lol when ever you read some of the noob internet reviews or other bias reviews of the book. When you read it and then go back and look at the quotes or simply wrong things some reviewers say about it it gives you a good laugh when you think about the creditability of some of these bloggers ect. It was #1 on NY Times best seller for a while too.

Apr 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #985 of 5,357
^PKDick's classy. Iremember being very impressed by Valis few years ago. 'Less so by D.A.D.O.E.S.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #988 of 5,357
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wholeheartedly agree, too many, on both sides, express themselves in absolutes and certainties.
I do understand it correctly when I take it that your mention of Poppers black swan is referring to the problem of claiming that all swans are white, there might exist a black one, we just haven't seen it (yet)?

On the nose.

Dave Duncan - The Venice Trilogy. Got Book 1 & 2 from the library but will have to buy book 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back