what are your other hobbies besides audio??
Oct 29, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #76 of 156
I love journaling and using fountain pens....

Nice that you are enjoying fountain pens. I used to collect vintage Parker Vacuumatics and Pelikan fountain pens in college. All my class notes were with a fountain pens.

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #77 of 156
Nice that you are enjoying fountain pens. I used to collect vintage Parker Vacuumatics and Pelikan fountain pens in college. All my class notes were with a fountain pens.

Awesome. I got into fountain pens right after my undergrad where I bought a TWSBI 580. My collection is pretty eclectic from there, but my favorites are my Pilot Custom 823 and my Pelikan M805. I recently got a Parker Vacuumatic a few weeks ago. It's a great pen with a sweet filling mech.

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #78 of 156
I have a few hobbies I bounce between. Right now its motorcycles, watercooling my pc, and audio! Not to mention I have a lovely wife and daughter.

My Z900 at the lake.
pg0ZmCG.jpg

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #80 of 156
At times I like to put a Pringles can to my ear and try to hear the ocean.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #81 of 156
  • Running and working out in general
  • Wines. Mainly old world.
  • Coffee. Especially making lovely sweet filter brews at home with Kenyan SL28 & 34 varieties with my Comandante handgrinder and Hario v60!
  • Books about history, politics, economics, science and the occasional fiction

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #83 of 156
Cars...do yourself a favor and don't get into them it's an expensive hobby...

Both stupid fast and fun...here's the blue one doing it's thing...

31932757_570980630153_7420456847460532224_o.jpg

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #84 of 156
  • Running and working out in general
  • Wines. Mainly old world.
  • Coffee. Especially making lovely sweet filter brews at home with Kenyan SL28 & 34 varieties with my Comandante handgrinder and Hario v60!
  • Books about history, politics, economics, science and the occasional fiction
I'll check these devices out, love my coffee. I have your run of the mill electric grinder and I use either a French press or the Aeropress which makes very good coffee. Cheers.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #85 of 156
I collect minerals and when school permits love lifting weights.

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #87 of 156
I collect cars. My new 991.2 GT3RS gets here next week. I think it's the last track car I'll ever buy. My 997.2 Carrera GTS is a regular street car keeper as I love it's hydraulic steering, NA engine, and shorter wheelbase than the newer 911 series. For the street, it's all I'll ever need. I also have a Panamera GTS as a car for work, but I'm thinking of scaling back on work because of my neck pain then I can sell it and use the cash for other things. And if I still require a work car for driving clients around, I could use my girlfriend's lexus and let her use the CGTS for work and pray nothing happens to it. I also got a truck, but I don't really use it that much so I've thought about selling it too. I'd like to get married soon so selling 2 cars makes sense for me. I'm in the luxury real estate business so clients do expect to be taken around in an expensive car if I'm playing chauffeur.

Dec 7, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #88 of 156
... I'm in the luxury real estate business so clients do expect to be taken around in an expensive car if I'm playing chauffeur.
As they say, you have to spend money to make money. Probably why I'll never make any money, I'll be working as a social worker or parole officer, neither a path to lucrative earnings.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #89 of 156
As they say, you have to spend money to make money. Probably why I'll never make any money, I'll be working as a social worker or parole officer, neither a path to lucrative earnings.

Well it took many years building connections and taking chances spending a lot on advertising overseas and in other luxury markets where people might consider investing or relocating from an area where it is much more expensive to live and want to retire and maintain or upgrade their quality of life while spending a lot less in Las Vegas. There's lots of Californians that can sell their old home for a lot of money and then spend a lot less here while having a nicer home and we're more financially friendly for retirees on income tax and they don't get taxed on medical and for groceries.

I initially got into real estate because I had just gotten a puppy and the dog was very needy and I looked into occupations that allowed me to work from home most of the time. And I figured I could at least get a decent amount of Hawaii to Las Vegas relocations with some advertising and a website which many other realtors didn't have at the time in the 90s.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #90 of 156
Well it took many years building connections and taking chances spending a lot on advertising overseas and in other luxury markets where people might consider investing or relocating from an area where it is much more expensive to live and want to retire and maintain or upgrade their quality of life while spending a lot less in Las Vegas. There's lots of Californians that can sell their old home for a lot of money and then spend a lot less here while having a nicer home and we're more financially friendly for retirees on income tax and they don't get taxed on medical and for groceries.

I initially got into real estate because I had just gotten a puppy and the dog was very needy and I looked into occupations that allowed me to work from home most of the time. And I figured I could at least get a decent amount of Hawaii to Las Vegas relocations with some advertising and a website which many other realtors didn't have at the time in the 90s.
Man, I am so jealous... You had a puppy (seeing how long ago it was). :wink:

Funny thing is that I want a puppy (or adopt a rescue dog) and that has made me think a lot about working from home since I need to change my career anyway. Took too many risks as an early career academic. It was worth it for the personal experience and got to see some cool and unique things, but funders don't like it. Anyway, just thought the parallel was quite funny.

All the best for the wedding plans, btw!

And to stay on topic. Some photography and I train a lot, which I need to help manage my ADHD, so I run (currently not because of a knee injury), cycle and I have my own makeshift gym.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back